What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for note taking app that can "do it all"

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read through this forum and watched many you tube videos in research for a note taking app for the ipad, but no one seems to meet my need, but maybe I'm missing something. Here is what I need:

- take BOTH typing (with keyboard) and handwriting notes (primarily I will be typing, but I need the option of handwriting as well)
- being abnle to draw, chose colors and styles
- export to either word, one note, pdf or something that can be edited at my pc, and read by others.
- search function is essential - this is something I haven't been able to find yet...

Hope you can forgive me for yet another thread about this...
:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notes Plus supports both handwriting and typed input. If you go to the App Store and then follow the link to the Developer's web site, you'll see there are some good videos there showing its capabilities.

Tim
Scotland

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With its most recent updates, Note Taker HD now supports typing notes. Plus, you can modify PDFs and then e-mail (or transfer, via iTunes) your documents.

I am unsure what you mean by search, unless it's to search for words created in the note app (or already exist because that's how you imported the file). If that's the case, I don't think any note taking app does search - you'll have to get something like GoodReader, which will let you search. Oh, and GoodReader will let you take/write notes on top of existing files ... as long as they are PDFs.

In other words, I don't think one app has all the characteristics you want. I could be wrong, though, so someone may come and correct me.

Good luck on your search.

Marilyn

OP
S

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By "search" I mean search for words, sentences etc... I know that will not be possible with the handwritten parts, but just the typed ones.

@Tim - notesplus looks great, and it seems like they are working on a search function as well

thanks for your replies :)

iPad Crazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brother Just sent me an email using Note Taker HD. I'm no expert, but he said it was one of his favorite apps period. Thats saying a lot IMO.

Mrkbutty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Note taker hd is good but could do with a little more polish, if some of the usability features from upad were copied, it would be great.

pkmusic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent majority of my Saturday researching to find what note app would fit best for me. Everything I need I found in Notability. I tried so many I lost track... note Plus, Note Taker neu.note, Evernote, Penultimate, inclass, and more. Notability has everything but the ease of handwriting, although it has that. If you prefer typing on the keyboard then this has it all. I love it. And the best part is the price of .99!!! take notes, audio record, draw, add pics, word search, send via email, dropbox, PDF, print, etc. And more.

Most reactions

Latest posts