What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texting on ipad

Terri F

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't figure out how to text to people who do not have iPhone /iMessage ! I've googled it multiple times and still no resolution! Help!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a number of apps on the App Store (some free, some paid) that allow you to text non-Apple devices. You can get a "real" phone number and use apps such as Talkatone, textplus or GV Mobile (to use a Google phone number) to text.

Or, you can get apps that, as long as the other person has the same app, you can text them.

Some even go across platforms so you can talk to Android owners or whomever.

Then, there are the Instant Messenger apps such as those provided by Skype, Facebook, Yahoo! etc.

Your best bet is to do a search in the App Store and determine which one of these type of apps will best suit your needs. I know that, before I got my smart phone, I used a Google voice phone number (get it free from Google) and the Talkatone app to send texts to other people. I could send directly to their phones (even if they didn't have smart phones) and they could text me back.

Good luck on your decision.

Marilyn

Most reactions