What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethered ipad wont charge or turn on! help please!

Schmitty2364

iPF Noob
Reaction score
okay so i have jailbroken my ipad with redsnow a like a month or 2 ago

okay long story short...
my ipad battery died so i went to charge it and retether it, only once its

tethered and i plug it in and the pineaplle logo goes away it shows my display for a second and then it turns off because the battery dies or soemthing, it used to be that when this happened alls i had to do was hit slide to unlock before it powered down but now i cannot under any circumstances slide to unlock it before it turns off again! and now my sisters ipad is doing this too, any help or suggestions on how to fix this problem would be of great help

thank you all for listening

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Breathe. Just remember you can't brick an iPad. If worse comes to worse, just restore ~ and because you are JB, I am sure there is a special way to do that.

Hang in there!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you have it plugged into a real ipad mains charger? Dont try and get it going with USB! Leave it plugged in for a while to get some charge (it will charge when off)

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
10w charger coming along with ipad can charge them really fast, I have tried 5w iphone chargers,they do charge ipad but takes longer time...

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did you ever get it to work ????? Cause I never lost battery power...and wonder what happen in your case...

thanks

epin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem as Schmitty2364. It started on the 18th. When I rejailbroke the IPAD the Pineapple appears, then the login screen then it disappears and the power symbol appears and the IPAD dies. The problem is not the power as I have been charging it for hours and the power bar never increases. This is a Redsnow proble. Help Schmitty2364

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then it sounds like a hardware issue. If you have it plugged in and it never charges then it is definately hardware. Redsn0w has nothing to do with it. The iPad can charge when the OS is turned off. Nothing within the jailbreak can affect the ability of the battery to charge when the device is turned off. However, if the battery is flat then you should charge from the mains using the official 10W charger until you get sufficient power into the device. USB wont cut it.

Shortman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this issue once; after charging for several hours the battery indicater never moved. As a longshot I went ahead and connected to the computer via usb and ran redsnow which worked. When the iPad finally loaded the battery indicator then displayed a half charged battery. I then hooked it back to the ac and completed the charge.

jseyedanas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
please some one help

when i switch power button on my ipad 1, its sowing charging symbol blinking and in some time its going black screen...even i conected to my charger there is no responce to it ...when ever i try to on it its showing only charging symbol..

and i tried even removing the charging dock from the board then i try to on it then also showing the charging icon blinking in red but its not switching on please some one help me.............kind request

Last edited by a moderator:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
please some one help

when i switch power button on my ipad 1, its sowing charging symbol blinking and in some time its going black screen...even i conected to my charger there is no responce to it ...when ever i try to on it its showing only charging symbol..

and i tried even removing the charging dock from the board then i try to on it then also showing the charging icon blinking in red but its not switching on please some one help me.............kind request

You opened the ipad and removed the dock connector from the board?

But anyway... Your iPad is just has a dead battery. Plug it into the wall charger that came with it and leave it overnight.
Should be nice and charged in the morning.

The iPad will shut itself down when the battery gets below a certain percent and won't boot back up until it is charged to at least about 10%.

Last edited by a moderator:

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jseyedanas said:
please some one help

My friend had the same issue. Apple dealer said it's hardware problem and replaced device.

Most reactions

Latest posts