What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Targus Versavu 3rd Gen iPad Case......

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
enqueue said:
I purchased a Targus Versavu for ipad 3rd generation and it was not deep enough at the top to allow the ipad to completely lock in and the magnetic on/off feature did not work. The failure to fully lock in is very easy to see on a black ipad, it is not obvious on a white model.
I contacted their tech support and made a warranty claim. (The magnet will not turn turn on/off the third gen ipad and the ipad will not fully lock in) Here is the response with names removed:

"Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Thanks for contacting Targus Customer Support. I apologize for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing.

Unfortunately we have identified an issue with the magnetic on/off feature that affects some of the Targus Cases for iPad 3rd generation.

We are very sorry that you’re experiencing this issue - we want you to be pleased with your purchase. We will be happy to send you a tested, replacement case, however, as we are still evaluating the issue, it may take up to 6 to 8 weeks to get you a replacement product. There is no need to return your case to us.

We would need some additional information to set this up for you.

1. Contact phone #
2. Copy of your receipt. You can attach this to this email thread.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Thanks,
Targus Customer Support"

Did you call or write their technical support? I have the same issues with mine.

Sent from my iPad 3 (white, 64 GB, WiFi only) using iPF

Lucky_Charms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dustrho said:
Did you call or write their technical support? I have the same issues with mine.

I had the same issue and called their support center. They are sending me a new one and are allowing me to keep my current one. Also, they let me pick a different case in their lineup so now I will have two different styles. They quoted me 5 to 6 weeks.

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lucky_Charms said:
I had the same issue and called their support center. They are sending me a new one and are allowing me to keep my current one. Also, they let me pick a different case in their lineup so now I will have two different styles. They quoted me 5 to 6 weeks.

What type of proof did you have to provide them that you own the case, just a receipt? I'll probably call them tomorrow about this.

Lucky_Charms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dustrho said:
What type of proof did you have to provide them that you own the case, just a receipt? I'll probably call them tomorrow about this.

They'll tell you to email a copy of the receipt. I just took a photo of it using my iPad 3's camera. That's it.

imnparadise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Targus has super customer service. My Vuscape magnetic cover would not work and they sent out replacement and I kept the bad one. They said 6-8 weeks, but received in less than a week. Just called customer service, emailed copy of receipt and it wad done. They stand behind their products.

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed on my box that it only says iPad 2, doesn't mention anything about iPad 3. Guess I don't have the right one, huh?

imnparadise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dustrho said:
I noticed on my box that it only says iPad 2, doesn't mention anything about iPad 3. Guess I don't have the right one, huh?

No that's the wrong one. I will say iPad 3!

enqueue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received my new Versavu from Targus Yesterday (Warranty free replacement) and it works perfectly! Thank you Targus!
They are a straight up and reputable company - They will always be recommended by me. :)

vonniepedals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dustrho said:

I just bought an incipio case at Walmart for 39 and it fit my iPad 3. It's pink and it folds as a stand. It doesn't show to work for iPad 3, but it did.

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I returned my Versavue and got the Speck PixelSkin HD Wrap, which is pretty cool. Totally different.

iPad 3 (white, 64 GB, WiFi only)

HiddenPuppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new version will fit the ipad2? Would love to try it, but none in my area and I don't have a clue.

Thanks,
HiddenPuppy

HiddenPuppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought one at Staples and it still must be the old model as it does not work. I have tried to contact Targus, but cannot as it is the weekend. Hope this gets straightened out as I like this case.

Have a great day,
HiddenPuppy

Most reactions