Targus Versavu 3rd Gen iPad Case......

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by KickerVY, Mar 17, 2012.

1. KickerVY

KickerVY
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Tried twisting it both ways but can't get the new magnets that are supposed to be inside to put this thing to sleep. Anybody else had this trouble?

2. killashot

killashot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes,

I have the same problem with a Belkin Pro-color folio case. Can't get the damn thing to sleep or wake up.
    But if I stick a fridge magnet about 1/3 ways down the lock unlock button , my ipad does goes to sleep/wake up automatically.
    Maybe the magnets in the cases are not strong enough? I hope it's not an ipad problem.

3. lilman

lilman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Same problem with Targus Slim Case. I can get it to work if I move the front flap around a little, but it can easily slip out of perfect position and turn the iPad back on. For now I've disable smart cover in settings.

4. packaok

packaok
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    This seems to be a recurring issue with most 3rd party iPad 3rd Generation cases. Prior to purchasing the Versavue from Best Buy last night, I had purchased a case from Invellop on Amazon. The Invellop case has a smart-cover style front and molded plastic rear. The magnets did not hold the smart cover in place, nor did it turn on / off the iPad. I requested a refund and received the following reply:

I chose Option 3 because I really wasn't pleased with the quality of the case. I purchased the Versavue and I have opened an incident with Targus customer support about the magnets. I love the Versavue and will keep it even if they don't fix the magnet issue. However, my guess is that they will have a fix in place soon and offer a replacement.

5. maleaco

maleaco
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Wait so whats the problem? I dont actually comprehend

6. KickerVY

KickerVY
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just figured it out, but the magnets are misaligned and the sleep function does not work with (from what I hear) a few of the Targus and a couple other brands' new iPad cases. Other than that, the case is great.

7. xGary

xGary
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You guys should check their Twitter @Targus_INC they said that they are aware of the problem. There will probably be some exchange option later.

8. lowlife

lowlife
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Their response is suspicious. If that was the full truth, the original cases would not work on the new iPad.

9. Djdan

Djdan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    For what it's worth, smart cover works just fine...

10. Shezz

Shezz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Got this case myself. Checked their web site and it doesn't say it puts the iPad to sleeps although it has a magnet sign on the packaging :(