1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Targus Versavu 3rd Gen iPad Case......

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by KickerVY, Mar 17, 2012.

1. KickerVY

KickerVY iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tried twisting it both ways but can't get the new magnets that are supposed to be inside to put this thing to sleep. Anybody else had this trouble?
  2. killashot

killashot iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes,

I have the same problem with a Belkin Pro-color folio case. Can't get the damn thing to sleep or wake up.
    But if I stick a fridge magnet about 1/3 ways down the lock unlock button , my ipad does goes to sleep/wake up automatically.
    Maybe the magnets in the cases are not strong enough? I hope it's not an ipad problem.
  3. lilman

lilman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Same problem with Targus Slim Case. I can get it to work if I move the front flap around a little, but it can easily slip out of perfect position and turn the iPad back on. For now I've disable smart cover in settings.
  4. packaok

packaok iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This seems to be a recurring issue with most 3rd party iPad 3rd Generation cases. Prior to purchasing the Versavue from Best Buy last night, I had purchased a case from Invellop on Amazon. The Invellop case has a smart-cover style front and molded plastic rear. The magnets did not hold the smart cover in place, nor did it turn on / off the iPad. I requested a refund and received the following reply:

I chose Option 3 because I really wasn't pleased with the quality of the case. I purchased the Versavue and I have opened an incident with Targus customer support about the magnets. I love the Versavue and will keep it even if they don't fix the magnet issue. However, my guess is that they will have a fix in place soon and offer a replacement.
  5. maleaco

maleaco iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Wait so whats the problem? I dont actually comprehend
  6. KickerVY

KickerVY iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just figured it out, but the magnets are misaligned and the sleep function does not work with (from what I hear) a few of the Targus and a couple other brands' new iPad cases. Other than that, the case is great.
  7. xGary

xGary iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You guys should check their Twitter @Targus_INC they said that they are aware of the problem. There will probably be some exchange option later.
  8. lowlife

lowlife iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Their response is suspicious. If that was the full truth, the original cases would not work on the new iPad.
  9. Djdan

Djdan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For what it's worth, smart cover works just fine...
  10. Shezz

Shezz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got this case myself. Checked their web site and it doesn't say it puts the iPad to sleeps although it has a magnet sign on the packaging :(
  11. tdrew

tdrew iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have the Versavue, and it puts my new iPad to sleep with no problem.

Tom
  12. lilman

lilman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    They probably pulled that info from the product pages after they found out. Their case comparison chart still lists magnetic on/off as a feature: http://www.targus.com/us/ipad/comparison.html
  13. killashot

killashot iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seems that some of the cases work, some don't. I got one that didn't work initially, went back to the store to get a replacement and it worked. The store owner said that a lot of the 3rd party iPad cases did not work on the new ipad, not just Targus/Belkin cases.

Anyway, are the auto/sleep wake covers supposed to "snap" on tightly to the ipad? Although my cover works now with the auto wake/sleep function, it doesn't stick on tightly.
  14. demiller66

demiller66 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just bought one and have the same problem. The case does not put the iPad to sleep or wake. It also doesn't stay closed.
  15. enqueue

enqueue iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I purchased a Targus Versavu for ipad 3rd generation and it was not deep enough at the top to allow the ipad to completely lock in and the magnetic on/off feature did not work. The failure to fully lock in is very easy to see on a black ipad, it is not obvious on a white model.
    I contacted their tech support and made a warranty claim. (The magnet will not turn turn on/off the third gen ipad and the ipad will not fully lock in) Here is the response with names removed:

"Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
    If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.
    Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Thanks for contacting Targus Customer Support. I apologize for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing.

Unfortunately we have identified an issue with the magnetic on/off feature that affects some of the Targus Cases for iPad 3rd generation.

We are very sorry that you’re experiencing this issue - we want you to be pleased with your purchase. We will be happy to send you a tested, replacement case, however, as we are still evaluating the issue, it may take up to 6 to 8 weeks to get you a replacement product. There is no need to return your case to us.

We would need some additional information to set this up for you.

1. Contact phone #
    2. Copy of your receipt. You can attach this to this email thread.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Thanks,
    Targus Customer Support"
  16. dustrho

dustrho iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Did you call or write their technical support? I have the same issues with mine.

Sent from my iPad 3 (white, 64 GB, WiFi only) using iPF
  17. Lucky_Charms

Lucky_Charms iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I had the same issue and called their support center. They are sending me a new one and are allowing me to keep my current one. Also, they let me pick a different case in their lineup so now I will have two different styles. They quoted me 5 to 6 weeks.
  18. dustrho

dustrho iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What type of proof did you have to provide them that you own the case, just a receipt? I'll probably call them tomorrow about this.

Sent from my iPad 3 (white, 64 GB, WiFi only) using iPF
  19. Lucky_Charms

Lucky_Charms iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    They'll tell you to email a copy of the receipt. I just took a photo of it using my iPad 3's camera. That's it.
  20. imnparadise

imnparadise iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, Targus has super customer service. My Vuscape magnetic cover would not work and they sent out replacement and I kept the bad one. They said 6-8 weeks, but received in less than a week. Just called customer service, emailed copy of receipt and it wad done. They stand behind their products.