What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talk to the Hand Has a Whole New Meaning With Bluetooth Gloves!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
8179-gloves.JPG

Engadget has a great story today about a rather strange invention that had me thinking it might be a very early (or very late) April Fool’s joke, but it does in fact seem to be genuine. What we have here is a product called the Hi-Call, which Engadget spotted at the IFA trade show, and which is basically a pair of gloves with Bluetooth capabilities, whereby the speaker is situated in the thumb, and the mic is in the little finger. So when you talk on the phone, it’s like you’re pretending to make a phone call, or making the Hawaiian Shaka sign, all the while you’re actually making a phone call for real. Engadget tested out the Hi-Call glove, and seemed to be a little disappointed with the woolly reception. Sorry! Hi-Call will be available at the beginning of October, for €49.

Thanks to Super Moderator Gabriel1 for the heads-up on this story.

Source: Hi-Fun's call-receiving Bluetooth gloves, hands-in (video) -- Engadget

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maura said:
Engadget has a great story today about a rather strange invention that had me thinking it might be a very early (or very late) April Fool’s joke, but it does in fact seem to be genuine. What we have here is a product called the Hi-Call, which Engadget spotted at the IFA trade show, and which is basically a pair of gloves with Bluetooth capabilities, whereby the speaker is situated in the thumb, and the mic is in the little finger. So when you talk on the phone, it’s like you’re pretending to make a phone call, or making the Hawaiian Shaka sign, all the while you’re actually making a phone call for real. Engadget tested out the Hi-Call glove, and seemed to be a little disappointed with the woolly reception. Sorry! Hi-Call will be available at the beginning of October, for €49.

Thanks to Super Moderator Gabriel1 for the heads-up on this story.

Source: Hi-Fun's call-receiving Bluetooth gloves, hands-in (video) -- Engadget

Now you can give someone the finger and they can make a phone call with it.;)

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know I would look stupid out in public talking to my gloved hand. People would think I'm nuts ;)

But it does allow you to land that perfect punch in ultra speedy 4G LTE :p

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know I would look stupid out in public talking to my gloved hand. People would think I'm nuts ;)

But it does allow you to land that perfect punch in ultra speedy 4G LTE :p

Lol.

I can't see myself using a glove like this. It wouldn't make sense to wear it except for making calls, and I'm not carrying and putting on a glove just to make a call -- one with fuzzy quality at that -- and looking goofy in the process, lol.

Sometimes even goofy innovations can turn into something more useful down the line, so we'll see if this becomes one of those.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Lol.

I can't see myself using a glove like this. It wouldn't make sense to wear it except for making calls, and I'm not carrying and putting on a glove just to make a call -- one with fuzzy quality at that -- and looking goofy in the process, lol.

Sometimes even goofy innovations can turn into something more useful down the line, so we'll see if this becomes one of those.

I'm hoping that they make one which looks like Michael Jackson's white glove, if that happens you might just catch me moonwalking down the high street whilst making a few business calls......

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping that they make one which looks like Michael Jackson's white glove, if that happens you might just catch me moonwalking down the high street whilst making a few business calls......

The Archangel

That's funny, I was thinking of MJ when I first heard about this glove. I think a lot of his gloves were studded. Wonder whether an MJ model might capitalize on studs for better reception. Maybe antenna-boosting studs? Lol.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
That's funny, I was thinking of MJ when I first heard about this glove. I think a lot of his gloves were studded. Wonder whether an MJ model might capitalize on studs for better reception. Maybe antenna-boosting studs? Lol.

Now there is a thought......you might want to get that idea protected by a patent!

The Archangel

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd actually slap somebody if I seen them with this.

Most reactions

Latest posts