What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing without itunes

seanbrecke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm seanbrecke and I just joined the forums. I have about a 3 month old iPad 2 and about 2 days ago when I plugged it in, what happened was it said it could not find the disk and it couldn't find which apps to sync. My brother has a iPad and his ipad syncs fine with the computer. I read the forums on this issue and couldn't find anything which worked for me. I have restored it several times.

So I'm looking for the next best thing. Syncing it without iTunes. I want to be able to sync the new apps which we get onto my iPad and I also want to back it up, it's kind of important to keep mine backed up because it's what I use for school. It doesn't work with wifi sync or even when I put it off, it doesn't help syncing.

Also if anyone knows how to fix this problem please help, here's the complete error :
iTunes cannot sync apps to the iPad "name" because the apps installed on the iPad could not be determined.

After that another window appears which reads :
The iPad "name" cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found.

I'm not a expert at iPads, but I'm pretty sure that's bad.
I use a mac mini, and a iPad 2 running 5.0.1.

Please if you have any suggestions help!

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it is only three months old I would take it to an Apple store "Genius" bar and have them look at it. May have a hardware issue. Has it ever been synced to a computer? If so, are all the files/apps you want on the computer? You can do a Restore and then re-sync. If that does not work or cannot work, then the Apple store is probably your best option.

OP
S

seanbrecke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I posted this on the right thread.... Sorry I should have mentioned this. My iPad WAS once jailbroken. It isn't now, Since i restored it. I posted another thread at ipad hacking about taking this to the genius bar.
I'm not sure if Jailbreaking a iPad does anything to the hardware, I thought that was all software.

Most reactions

Latest posts