1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Syncing question

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Billee, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Billee

Billee iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have searched the internet for a clear and complete explanation of what happens during the iPad sync process with no success. Does anyone know of a good source?

For example: Suppose I have an app on the iPad that was previously backed up to my computer. Now I remove the app from my iPad. What happens the next time I sync? Is it removed from the backup automatically? Is it reinstalled on my iPad during the next sync? Is it reinstalled if I do a restore?
  2. Billee

Billee iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    After a lot more searching I found the answer buried in an Apple document:

[h=4]Transferring apps purchased on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iTunes[/h] If you delete an app from your iTunes library, the next time you sync your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with that computer it will be removed from the device. If you delete an app from your device, but not from your iTunes library, it will be synced back to your device the next time your connect to iTunes.
  3. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,282 / 0
    So glad you found your answer!

Sent from my iPad using iPF