Syncing from iTunes

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Alfsbrother, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Alfsbrother

Alfsbrother iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Forgive a silly question from a novice but when I sync my Ipad 2 to iTunes to download photos it clears out the previously downloaded pics and replaces them with the newly introduced pics. What am I doing wrong?
  2. WayneF

WayneF iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am having that exact problem so it is not a silly question. I too am a novice with the iPad.
    I asked the same question before and was told "iPad photos from iTune must go under a parent album. Under the album you can add others, but all must be nested under a parent album"
    I am sure that is a true statement, but what does that all mean??. After trying to figure that out for 2 hours I was still lost, more confused and gave up.
    I didn't mean to hijack your thread, but I am having the exact problem and hope someone can give a step by step solution to the problem.
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

You likely are importing images from different folders on your computer's hard drive - if previous imported folders are not checked when you sync newer pics, then the older ones will be deleted from your iPad - please see the attachment (a screen capture of my iTunes showing the iPad photo sync options) - the checked folders from my 'Pictures' folder (PC VISTA laptop) are the ones which will be sync - the other ones will not be sync (or if unchecked will be removed from the iPad if present previously) - notice that a checked folder is called 'iPad Photos' - this contains sub-folders; images can be added into this folder (or into its sub-folders) and will then be imported onto the iPad. Hope this helps - some more information HERE!

Good luck and please post back if you are still having problems.

PhotoSync2.JPG
  4. WayneF

WayneF iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Giradman. Thank you so much! Your explanantion and directions where right on. Very easy to follow and percise.
    I followed those directions and my problem is solved.
    Hope Alfsbrother has the same outcome.
    Thanks again
    Wayne
  5. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0
    Hi Wayne - no problem & glad the explanation(s) worked out well for you! :) Dave
  6. Alfsbrother

Alfsbrother iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many thanks for the explanation, Regards Alfbrother