What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos Won't Download Properly

jdha7374

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photos downloaded from iTunes delete previously downloaded photos. I'm using the latest versions. It used to work but now it deletes previous
Photo folders. I go into iTunes, photos, and select the photo folder. I then get a message advising that previous photo folders will be deleted. Syncing deletes previous photo folders. Very frustrating.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Your syncing, not copying photos. That means when you uncheck on folder in iTunes you are saying don't sync this folder anymore.

To sync multiple folders, place all folders you want to sync in another folder, and sync it. iTunes will automatically create albums for each of these folders (first level down only). You can turn on the selected folders option. That way you can select which folders under the main folder you want to sync.

To change the content of albums you must change the content of the folders you are syncing. They can not be edited on the iPad. That being true, I do not recommend you sync with your original folders, but a folder and subfolders specifically for syncing with the iPad, and copy (not move) what you want into them.

Hope that made sense. If not, there are many threads on this subject. Give it a search and start reading until it makes sense to you. :)

iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Syncing photos via iTunes

OP
J

jdha7374

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Your syncing, not copying photos. That means when you uncheck on folder in iTunes you are saying don't sync this folder anymore.

To sync multiple folders, place all folders you want to sync in another folder, and sync it. iTunes will automatically create albums for each of these folders (first level down only). You can turn on the selected folders option. That way you can select which folders under the main folder you want to sync.

To change the content of albums you must change the content of the folders you are syncing. They can not be edited on the iPad. That being true, I do not recommend you sync with your original folders, but a folder and subfolders specifically for syncing with the iPad, and copy (not move) what you want into them.

Hope that made sense. If not, there are many threads on this subject. Give it a search and start reading until it makes sense to you. :)

iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Syncing photos via iTunes

Thank you so much for your instructions. After reading your them, it occurred to me that syncing photos is like syncing your tunes. You've got to check or uncheck what you want to sync. Your instructions were spot on. Setting up a specific folder is exactly what I needed to do.
This round of iPad frustrations has been eliminated.
All the best
Jdha7374

OP
J

jdha7374

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Optimizing photos

I've set up a folder to place photo folders but every time I update iPad photos, iTunes optimizes each selected folder. As I add photos (400+) now, iTunes optimizes. Any way to keep previously added photos without going through this process. It's rather redundant.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It should not be optimizing folders already synced, but no, there are no settings to control what iTunes chooses to optimize.

Most reactions

Latest posts