What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different iTunes

adam.o.ao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Different iTunes [Solved]

This all started at the beginning of the week when I upgraded my desktop from 32bit Windows 7 to 64bit Windows 7, and obviously, formatted the whole PC and reinstalled all programs, including iTunes.

Now the problem is that after I have 'verified' my iPad, right clicked on the side panel to the left and clicked 'Transfer Purchases', in order to transfer across all my apps, iTunes wants to erase my whole iPad just to place the new music on my iPad in the 'Music library'!

Firstly I click "Sync Music", it will then say this:
sync.png

If I click "Sync Music" again on the pop-up box, I have to click "Apply" at the bottom, then when I click "Sync", it will tell me this:
erase.png

Is there a way around this?

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did you authorize your itunes.
I may or may not have, what is this?

I did something, and it said I had done 2 out of 5 computers, is this authorizing?

yes!!!!

the 1 out of 2, is the one you didn't de-authorized before reformatting your pc, so it is stuck as authorized.
there is a de-authorize all accounts, but don't worry, you only get to use this once a year. Atleast you know who is using your 1 out of 5(your invisible/reformatted pc).

only deauthorize all when you have used all 5 and need the extra one, or just de-authorize whichever itunes account you prefer.

you should de-authorize in the future before selling, scrapping, reformatting.

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just so you know, once you authorized, you should be able to transfer purchases, and you should choose backup too, but the syncing part from what i remember, you will have to start over.

once you transfer purchases, all apps should be good, backup should get all your settings and other basic stuff back to how it is.

but videos, photos from pc, songs will have to re-sync(hope you had a backup of them, if not purchased from itunes).

when jailbroken, you can sync with 1+ pc's, with a certain addition.

Last edited:
OP
A

adam.o.ao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, I authorized it, and I can transfer my apps without a problem back to iTunes, yet when I try and sync my music, it wants to erase all data on my iPad, can i not just swap what music is in my iTunes music library with the music on my iPad, instead of erasing my iPad just to sync some music across.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, I authorized it, and I can transfer my apps without a problem back to iTunes, yet when I try and sync my music, it wants to erase all data on my iPad, can i not just swap what music is in my iTunes music library with the music on my iPad, instead of erasing my iPad just to sync some music across.

sorry bud, only way to add new music, is doing whatever it required.

OP
A

adam.o.ao

iPF Noob
Reaction score

sorry bud, only way to add new music, is doing whatever it required.
I have no idea what iTunes just did, but it worked.
I clicked "Erase and sync", thinking even if it erased my iPad clean, I wouldn't have any future problems with music and/or different iTunes libraries, however, after I clicked it, a pop-up with "Updating iPad" appeared, my iPad screen flashed to an Apple logo, and it deleted all my music on my iPad, and replaced it with the music in my iTunes library, keeping all my apps on my iPad.

Thanks for the help. :)

boddhisattva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have the same problem since my hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall everything. Even if I had authorized my new computer, my apps from my iPad cannot be seen from iTunes. My purchases are also not being transferred. As much as possible, I don't want to erase my iPad music because it is only a subset of my library in my computer. There are thirdp party software to transfer files but they are not free and I don't know how reliable they are :(

Most reactions

Latest posts