What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synchronize problem with PC

RobB62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all,
My name is Rob and I'm a Dutch National. I'm 62 years old and recently retired. I've been working as a Director of a Dutch Pensionfund. Since a few month I got an I-pad and recently I faced a problem for which I' m looking for a solution. Who can please help me.

Problem description: Recently my PC crashed and I had to re-install Windows and I-tunes. When I connect my IPad to my PC, my ITunes library pops up with the message that my IPad is synchronised to another ITunes library and if I want to synchronise with the new library (which is newly installed and still empty) my I-pad will be cleared and newly installed with this new I-tunes library. I'm afraid of loosing all my App's if I continue.
Please can someone help me out?

gaxor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Do not worry too much.

Firstly, if you have apps from iTunes then even if you have to download again, you will not have to pay again.

Secondly, iTunes should ask you if you wish to transfer previously purchased items on your iPad to your iTunes library.

Thirdly if you untick all of your sync options, and backup your iPad you should be OK

Worst case take a note of all the apps on your iPad, you will get them back FOC

bundat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, authorize your PC to your iTunes account.
store-authorizecomputer.jpg

Then, you can copy your apps from your iPad to iTunes by "transferring purchases".
iphone-backup-transfer-purchases-menu.jpg

For everything else, like Music and Videos, use an iTunes replacement program, like:
Free iTunes alternative-Manage iPod iPad iPhone without iTunes

This way, you'll never have to worry about your music and videos being deleted, because you'll never sync them to iTunes. You'll use iTunes only for apps, which you can easily transfer onto authorized computers.

OP
R

RobB62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reaction. I'll try THE boven solution. Rgds. RobB

Hi

Do not worry too much.

Firstly, if you have apps from iTunes then even if you have to download again, you will not have to pay again.

Secondly, iTunes should ask you if you wish to transfer previously purchased items on your iPad to your iTunes library.

Thirdly if you untick all of your sync options, and backup your iPad you should be OK

Worst case take a note of all the apps on your iPad, you will get them back FOC

Most reactions

Latest posts