What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync issue and email address question on new iPad 4

Vaulting Mike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my new iPad 4 for Christmas and I'm not a tech guy. Tried to sync my contacts and photos from my notebook but no luck. Used the Apple site for instructions and opened an itunes acct. as required. Went to see my local pro and he asked what service I had on my notebook, which is Comcast. He said that is normally a tricky service to deal with, but he manged to get my contacts and photos over. Actually appeared he used email for the contacts, if that matters.

Anyhow, I opened and now use a gmail email address as my apple ID and primary email address instead of my Comcast one. Should this help me sync my contacts easier now myself, or is the fact that I have Comcast "at the other" end still going to be a problem? Want to find out in advance so I don't screw up what he already did. If there is something else I may be missing too, please let me know.

Thanks. Mike

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hopefully, he got your contacts into google and then linked them to your iPad from there. That works the best. If he did that, then you can just maintain them in google and they will flow over to your iPad.

OP
V

Vaulting Mike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully, he got your contacts into google and then linked them to your iPad from there. That works the best. If he did that, then you can just maintain them in google and they will flow over to your iPad.

Not sure exactly what you mean, but I went and signed into Google and couldn't find contacts anywhere. Looked along the top bar and also in gmail. For me and other non-techies, where would I go for them?

Most reactions

Latest posts