What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't delete an e-mail address

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My e-mail app is hooked up to Gmail and working properly.

I was sitting with a friend who wanted me to e-mail him a car photo that I had in my photo album.

He wasn't in my contact list, so I typed out his email address manually. In doing so, I spelled his name wrong in the address (elliot rather than elliott). Of course the mail bounced.

I later added this person to my contact list and put the correct address in the e-mail field. Now when I try send anything to this person, and start typing the address I get two e-mail addresses popping up to choose from after the first few letters of the address are typed... The correct one that I have in my contact list is there, but so is the wrong one that I originally entered incorrectly.

I want to delete the incorrect address, but for the life of me, I can't find where it's stored. This incorrect address doesn't appear anywhere in the 'contact' app list. I've even checked my Gmail folders and don't see the incorrectly spelled address there.

Where is it stored?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We've seen this before. No one has come up withe a way to remove the incorrect address, at least nothing reasonable. I'm pretty sure a full restore would do it. ;)

But whatever buffer is holding the address is not limitless. After a while (no telling how long) the address will disappear. Providing you don't accidentally enter it again.

If you find a way to clear the address buffer, let us know, please.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeh, I agree with Twerppoet. Remembering ALL entered addresses is a "convenience" feature. Regardless of being stored in "contacts" or not. Unlike a "real" computer on which you can clear out old addresses manually, the iPad doesn't have that ability in it's iOS.
Eventually the "wrong" address moves further down the "suggestion" list, but mine haven't self cleared yet.
Just like with people that have more than one address, ya gotta watch what you select.

OP
jwt873

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, thanks.. I'm not going to do a reset, so I guess I'm stuck with it.. I'll have to remember to double check e-mails to make sure they are correct when I enter them in the future.

cy131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having this same issue. What a pain in the arse. I see Apple hasn't fixed it in the 5iOS either. It's too silly to reset, so like
the last poster, i'll just deal with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts