What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad with retina display and icloud email address question.

Vaulting Mike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm an older guy and not tech savvy. Currently use a 5-6 year old Compaq/HP notebook at home. My other half got me the new iPad for Christmas and so far I've managed pretty well with setting it up. Had help bring over my photos and contacts, and bookmarks are easy to add. Added the Pandora app and figured I was good to go while I get to know the thing better. This is my first "modern" device. But, a question about email addresses is bugging me and could not find any good answers through Google.

Is an icloud email address REQUIRED for the iPad? I added one but I'm not sure I need it. Used a new Gmail address for my Apple ID and added my regular Comcast address most of the world knows me by. So, i have this 3rd email on my iPad but not sure I want it or need it.

What says you??

Thanks, Mike

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vaulting Mike said:
I'm an older guy and not tech savvy. Currently use a 5-6 year old Compaq/HP notebook at home. My other half got me the new iPad for Christmas and so far I've managed pretty well with setting it up. Had help bring over my photos and contacts, and bookmarks are easy to add. Added the Pandora app and figured I was good to go while I get to know the thing better. This is my first "modern" device. But, a question about email addresses is bugging me and could not find any good answers through Google.

Is an icloud email address REQUIRED for the iPad? I added one but I'm not sure I need it. Used a new Gmail address for my Apple ID and added my regular Comcast address most of the world knows me by. So, i have this 3rd email on my iPad but not sure I want it or need it.

What says you??

Thanks, Mike

You don't really need it at all, it's just an added bonus and a second address for your apple ID

OP
V

Vaulting Mike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll probably give it a try for a while to see if I use it or not, but good to know I don't have to have one. Thanks. Mike

Most reactions