What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SwitchEasy Brand?

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just discovered SwitchEasy brand after seeing the video below on the Cara for iPad 2.

This looks very nice and I'm just surprised I have not heard of this brand at all. Was thinking about Targus Vuscape but for $10 more you get a free screen protector too.

Do you guys have any experience with this brand and actual quality? Also, it appears that there was a CARA for original iPad, I was wondering if you eventually get scratches on that shiny cover.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlSqV9lCJEA"]YouTube - SwitchEasy CARA iPad 2 Case[/ame]

OP
N

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After debating between CARA and Canvas (also many other cases) I pulled the trigger on the Canvas mainly due to it being able to function as a stand. I wasted too much time on my quest for the perfect case and had to just get it over with.

I was wary of those smart wake/sleep covers because I feel like they will go out of alignment in my backpack and drain battery. It's not an issue with the Canvas due to the physical latch keeping the cover closed. SwitchEasy seems to be a good brand basing on the reviews of its cases for the original iPad and iPhone 4.

01_b.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iokMJudDraI]YouTube - SwitchEasy Canvas iPad 2 Case[/ame]

Kirwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Canvas (black) is on order.

After debating between CARA and Canvas (also many other cases) I pulled the trigger on the Canvas mainly due to it being able to function as a stand. I wasted too much time on my quest for the perfect case and had to just get it over with.

I was wary of those smart wake/sleep covers because I feel like they will go out of alignment in my backpack and drain battery. It's not an issue with the Canvas due to the physical latch keeping the cover closed. SwitchEasy seems to be a good brand basing on the reviews of its cases for the original iPad and iPhone 4.

01_b.jpg

YouTube - SwitchEasy Canvas iPad 2 Case

Well I just placed an order for the canvas case in black. Should look good with my 64gb white ipad 2.:D

I did have to order thru their international online store, because the US store was already out of stock in all colors! I had to pay 15 bucks vs 4 bucks for shipping. At least international shipping delivers within 2 - 3 days! Appreciate the time you spent researching and sharing with the forum.:)

Last edited:
OP
N

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I just placed an order for the canvas case in black. Should look good with my 64gb white ipad 2.:D

I did have to order thru their international online store, because the US store was already out of stock in all colors! I had to pay 15 bucks vs 4 bucks for shipping. At least international shipping delivers within 2 - 3 days! Appreciate the time you spent researching and sharing with the forum.:)

No problem :eek:. Ha ha you're crazy paying $15 for shipping. They said they will be in stock again in 5 days. They took my order on Sunday but apparanly they didn't get a chance to update their website so it's already out of stock. So, mine won't ship till Friday morning but I don't mind since my iPad won't ship until the 25th.

I really didn't want to buy more than one case, and never heard of SwitchEasy before a week ago (prob becasue I own android devices prior to now.) A few more reviews confirmed my belief that I made the right choice.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/switcheasy-canvas-for-ipad-2/

and

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcPGcSa93u8[/ame]

Last edited:

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No problem :eek:. Ha ha you're crazy paying $15 for shipping. They said they will be in stock again in 5 days. They took my order on Sunday but apparanly they didn't get a chance to update their website so it's already out of stock. So, mine won't ship till Friday morning but I don't mind since my iPad won't ship until the 25th.

I really didn't want to buy more than one case, and never heard of SwitchEasy before a week ago (prob becasue I own android devices prior to now.) A few more reviews confirmed my belief that I made the right choice.

Reviews: SwitchEasy Canvas for iPad 2 | iLounge

and

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcPGcSa93u8]YouTube - Switcheasy Canvas for iPad 2 - The Review[/ame]

I agree its a really nice case and I am thinking of getting one of them too. I currently have a Targus 360 on its way at the moment, so I will see how that looks before I make up my mind. :)

Madgriff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, these look nice. I'd like to see if any members post a review once they receive their case

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Kirwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

and

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcPGcSa93u8"]YouTube - Switcheasy Canvas for iPad 2 - The Review[/ame]

Yesterday, I asked Switcheasy (USA) when they would receive stock on the Canvas in black. They responded one, possibly two weeks. A two week wait for stock plus an additional 5 days to ship from Cali to my house in Florida. I was looking at 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. :( My iPad is scheduled to arrive the 19th... so the $15 expedited delivery of stock product from Switcheasy (International) seemed quite reasonable. :D

I did happen to stumble on both of those reviews, which also pushed me 'over the edge'. Can't wait to get my new toys!

Take care, NAYo2002.

Kirwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick update on my order from Switcheasy (International). Direct delivery from China is fast! Ordered a Canvas (black) on 4/13 12:33am and it will be here 4/15!

Did notice that charcoal is already sold out direct from the manufacturer. Product must be selling fast.

Last edited:

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have read some reviews and watched some reviews on youtube and all had good things to say.

The one bad thing i head about the cara was even though the front cover can fold all the way back and says it can that it is not recommended. Says when you fold it back you can feel it put unwanted strain on the hinges.

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have read some reviews and watched some reviews on youtube and all had good things to say.

The one bad thing i head about the cara was even though the front cover can fold all the way back and says it can that it is not recommended. Says when you fold it back you can feel it put unwanted strain on the hinges.
I saw that video, but that was just some guy who reviews any case he receives and its just his opinion. The Switcheasy website even shows it folded all the way back in their photos.

The Switcheasy website also says this about the hinge (which proves that reviewer wrong about what he claims):

"By doing this we can feature a flexible hinge that fully rotates giving the case folio style function which transforms CARA™ into an easy to use, highly durable, ultra slim folio case – perfect for your everyday iPad 2 needs."

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

and

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcPGcSa93u8]YouTube - Switcheasy Canvas for iPad 2 - The Review[/ame]

Good to know, it's going to be my next case. I just cancelled my order for a Marware Microshell Folio Slimcase because it has been on back order for 3 weeks now and they couldn't tell me when they'd get it in.

I can wait another few days and order the canvas. Now I have to think of which color I prefer.

Kirwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick update on my order from Switcheasy (International). Direct delivery from China is fast! Ordered a Canvas (black) on 4/13 12:33am and it will be here 4/15!

Did notice that charcoal is already sold out direct from the manufacturer. Product must be selling fast.

My black Canvas just arrived a few minutes ago. Man that was fast delivery!

Even better news... My 64gb white iPad 2 is expected to arrive this afternoon on another Fedex truck! It wasn't suppose to arrive 'til 4/19, but it's headin' my way right now!:D

Both items on the same day! Flippin' sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCTurner

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My black Canvas just arrived a few minutes ago. Man that was fast delivery!

Even better news... My 64gb white iPad 2 is expected to arrive this afternoon on another Fedex truck! It wasn't suppose to arrive 'til 4/19, but it's headin' my way right now!:D

Both items on the same day! Flippin' sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grats! What do you think about the case? I'd love to hear your comments, especially after you get your ipad in it.

Most reactions

Latest posts