What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surgeons Using iPads To Great Effect in Georgetown Operating Room

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

A fascinating story in the January 2011 Journal of Surgical Radiology details how surgeons at Georgetown are using iPads in the operating room to access up-to-date patient data and radiographic images, including x-rays, CT scans and laboratory data. The article says that using the iPad in surgery eliminates guesswork by busy doctors by enabling the surgeon to have instant access to information, both out on the wards and in the operating room. Data can even be captured in the middle of an operation, and the photos shown to the patient after the operation. Dr. Felasfa Wodajo, an orthopaedic surgeon at Georgetown University, told the Journal all about how he has integrated the iPad into his clinical practice.
“The iPad clearly has the potential to be very useful in the hospital and the operating theatre,†said Dr. Wodajo. “The same features which make the iPad great for surfing the web, such as looking at images and viewing video, nicely translate into the operating room.â€

Source: Journal of Surgical Radiology

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Terrified by the thought of them playing Fruit Ninja before they glove up.....

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Terrified by the thought of them playing Fruit Ninja before they glove up.....

I am more terrified that they will be playing the iPad version of this game when it comes out!

operation-game.jpg

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And for some reason (don't ask me why!), users can not edit posts in the News section of the forum.

I said don't ask me why!

Free iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, Apple has certainly topped any other gadget they have put out. A product that is targeted towards consumers now being used in a hospital, simply amazing!

Most reactions

Latest posts