What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion on a Good Note Taking APP ?

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need a suggestion on a good Note Taking APP. I have just bought a stylus specially designed for the iPad and I am gonna be using it for this. I am looking out for a Note taking APP which helps me scribble and write (fine) veryclose to writing like a pen on a paper. I know maybe a tough ask :D but so I am saying close to an experience of a pen writing on paper. Any suggestions ?

The one that I am thinking about are

1. Penultimate ( disadvantage, good for some quick few words but not for writing fine letters. only writes big is what I have read)

2. Bamboo Paper

3. Notetaker HD

Of these which one should I go for ?

And If it is a App with a Retina Display or a HD feel to it the more better as I have the third generation iPad :)

Thanks in Advance.

BRoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me penultimate is not robust enough an app, good for scribbling but not good for filling up a piece of notebook paper with handwritten notes. For that, I use Remarks (great for working with PDFs as well) or Notes Plus. Both are built to have a feeling of "ink flow" and also sync with Dropbox!

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me penultimate is not robust enough an app, good for scribbling but not good for filling up a piece of notebook paper with handwritten notes. For that, I use Remarks (great for working with PDFs as well) or Notes Plus. Both are built to have a feeling of "ink flow" and also sync with Dropbox!

Note plus is it better than Note Taker HD ?

BRoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't used note taker hd so I can't say for sure! Another cool thing with notes plus is the have a built in browser so you can clip from sites and paste it into your note.

Williamtell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notability rocks for sure . Been using it now for a while and I'm totally happy with it .

jcoughlin24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Penultimate, Notes Plus, and Notify. Not happy with any. I downloaded Notability and realized I found what I had been looking for! I agree, Notability rocks.

Most reactions

Latest posts