What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in restore loop

CORR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi please bear with me here as im very new to Apple.

i have recently been given my brothers old ipad 2, wifi 16gb which has been stuck i think in recovery mode for sometime, the ipad is displaying connect to itunes graphic.

i have connected to itunes and have been prompted to do a restore but when this evently loads the new software the screen changes back to the apple logo with the progess bar below. i have left this a few hours but not a single change on the progress bar. repeated the process a few more times

from previous posts i have discovered that you can put the ipad into DFU mode which i have tried along with getting the new firmware downloaded. i have the most recent version of itunes install on my pc.. then again when all the new software and firmware has been loaded on i still get the ipad showing the apple logo and progress bar which doesnt move..

am i doing something wrong or is this a hardware problem. the only thing i havent tried is another pc which i will do later.

i would greatly appreciate any help whatsoever

thanks in advance

OP
C

CORR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
any help at all guys but i do know you are probably sick of answering this same question. im a total noob thou :eek:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Try restoring using this tutorial by my fellow moderator, f4780y: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow all the steps exactly as written, you should end up with a stock iPad running the newest iOS. Then, you can re-jail break it if you wish.

Oh, and if you can, make a backup, first, so you don't lose your data and settings.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. As a side note - please be aware that no one was ignoring you. We are an international forum with over 200,000+ members. It takes time to get responses here. In fact, we have rules against "bumping" a thread unless 48 hours have passed. So, it's not that you're being ignored or that we are tired of helping - it's just that you've got to give it time for the community to read and respond. IOW - patience, please. Thanks.

OP
C

CORR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi Marilyn,

thanks for your reply. yes sorry for the impatience. its just i thought that this could be a common problem that has been answered so many times. i will give this a try later and report back .

thanks again
D

OP
C

CORR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi marilyn,

i have followed the steps above to the t but i am back to the problem of the ipad stuck- itunes states the its "waiting for ipad" and the ipad itself has a black screen with the apple logo. the has been no progress from the bar for over 5 hours. do you think this could be a hardware fault or should i leave it overnight????

Most reactions

Latest posts