What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stickies / iPad Forum 1 2 & 3

JeffWeiss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What exactly is or are "Stickies"?

What is the difference between Forums 1 2 & 3?

Jeff

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
JeffWeiss said:
What exactly is or are "Stickies"?

What is the difference between Forums 1 2 & 3?

Jeff

Stickies are threads that are considered useful in the long term. They always appear at the top of the list of threads in each sub forum, or on a separate tab in the app version. They are a good place to start looking for information. Essentially if a question is asked numerous times (such as the one we get 3 times a week about Flash), we will make a sticky, direct members to it and close the new thread.

Forums 1, 2 and 3 are to separate discussions about the iPad 1, the iPad 2 and the new iPad. The iPad 3 forum was started before the machine was released so no-one knew what the name was going to be. There are differences between the various generations of iPads, so we have separate place to discuss each one.

OP
JeffWeiss

JeffWeiss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you once agin!

I have a Blog, LINK REMOVED. (35 years plus as a multi-line insurance adjuster)

If you or someone you know needs some non-legal advise/opinion !

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
JeffWeiss said:
Thank you once agin!

I have a Blog, (35 years plus as a multi-line insurance adjuster)

If you or someone you know needs some non-legal advise/opinion !

Jeff

Oops. Links to blogs in posts are definitely not allowed. You can put the link to your blog in your profile. There is a space there for your web address but never in a post. I'll have to edit that one out, sorry.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
JeffWeiss

JeffWeiss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very sorry, thanks for letting me know!

Jeff

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
... You can put the link to your blog in your profile. There is a space there for your web address but never in a post. i

I have been looking for a way to edit my profile (extra info) with no luck, though I can see where you can change your avatar. I was beginning to think perhaps it wasn't possible if not done at registration. Is there something I'm missing? From what you say here, looks like it's possible.

iPad3,16GB; PC/Win7; S.GalaxyNote; Dig.artist, I.wolfhound nut, anything-reader, bridge-widow.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's easier to edit your profile in the web version of the forum, rather than the app. Just look for User CP. All possible editing can be done there. Some things are not possible, such as a change of user name. That takes direct intervention by administrators, but nearly everything else can be edited.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
It's easier to edit your profile in the web version of the forum, rather than the app. Just look for User CP. All possible editing can be done there. Some things are not possible, such as a change of user name. That takes direct intervention by administrators, but nearly everything else can be edited.

Many thanks! Thought the key had to be found elsewhere.

iPad3,16GB; PC/Win7; S.GalaxyNote; Dig.artist, I.wolfhound nut, anything-reader, bridge-widow.

Most reactions

Latest posts