What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split key board

kdhughes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any way to get the old keyboard back? This split one is annoying. I have multiple gripes, but it types the wrong letters all the time. I know I'm not hitting the wrong keys-- it types "y" for "t", and "g" for "h", and they are on opposite sides.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any way to get the old keyboard back? This split one is annoying. I have multiple gripes, but it types the wrong letters all the time. I know I'm not hitting the wrong keys-- it types "y" for "t", and "g" for "h", and they are on opposite sides.

Hi, welcome to iPF!
There are two possibilities:

Tap both sides of the keyboard and slide them together.

Second possibility: tap and hold 1, then slide to 2 as soon as it appears:

image-3580249818.jpg
iPad User Guide

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The third option is to use the keyboard key (1 in Johanna's screenshot) to drag the keyboard to the bottom of the screen. It will both merge and dock.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The third option is to use the keyboard key (1 in Johanna's screenshot) to drag the keyboard to the bottom of the screen. It will both merge and dock.

I just tried using the keyboard key to drag the keyboard to the bottom of the screen, it didn't work. What did work was tapping the dock and merge button in the pop up that appeared.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just tried using the keyboard key to drag the keyboard to the bottom of the screen, it didn't work. What did work was tapping the dock and merge button in the pop up that appeared.

You have to be dragging the key almost as soon as you touch it, or you just get the menu. It's almost a swipe, except you have to start at the key.

It's not really important as a way to re-dock the keyboard, but it does come in handy if you want to use the split or just undocked keyboard. You can use it to move the keyboard to a more convenient position for typing, or uncover text if it's in the way.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to be dragging the key almost as soon as you touch it, or you just get the menu. It's almost a swipe, except you have to start at the key.

It's not really important as a way to re-dock the keyboard, but it does come in handy if you want to use the split or just undocked keyboard. You can use it to move the keyboard to a more convenient position for typing, or uncover text if it's in the way.

You're right, I just did what you suggested and it worked perfectly.

Most reactions

Latest posts