What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My keyboard has changed

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was typing too fast and hit something I shouldn't of and my keyboard changed to a two-part 'board with tiny keys on both sides of my screen. How do I get my keyboard back?

Never mind, I fixed it.

Last edited:

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoneyGuy said:
I was typing too fast and hit something I shouldn't of and my keyboard changed to a two-part 'board with tiny keys on both sides of my screen. How do I get my keyboard back?

Never mind, I fixed it.

Do you remember how you created the smaller keyboard?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

gurnani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redneck_Randy said:
You finger slide the split keyboard back together.

I don't know how to do this trick. Can Zoe one tell me exactly how to split the keyboard and then bring it back?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gurnani said:
I don't know how to do this trick. Can Zoe one tell me exactly how to split the keyboard and then bring it back?

You can put both thumbs on the keyboard and slide it apart......then the reverse to get it back together. Alternatively, touch and hold the button in the bottom right of the keyboard (which looks like a mini keyboard) and the options come up.

The Archangel

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You can put both thumbs on the keyboard and slide it apart......then the reverse to get it back together. Alternatively, touch and hold the button in the bottom right of the keyboard (which looks like a mini keyboard) and the options come up.

The Archangel

Divbl

I just did his. So what is the reason for the keyboard to be in two sections?

gurnani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not happening. I even youtubed it. Is there some keypad lock or something ?

gurnani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.xxxx
Got the reason. I can't really jump to 5.xx coz I have all these apps/games installed from a 3rd party which I loose after upgrade.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gurnani said:
4.xxxx
Got the reason. I can't really jump to 5.xx coz I have all these apps/games installed from a 3rd party which I loose after upgrade.

Which 3rd party, if we know we can look to see if there is a workaround for you?

The Archangel

gurnani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mean I went to some local store which installs all these paid applications. I paid them some money and they installed whatever applications I wanted with their email account. Now whenever I try to update those paid applications, I am asked the password of the email they used to install all those apps, which obviously I dont have.

I thought to upgrading, but I can't as all these apps installed would go off. Hope you understand

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean I went to some local store which installs all these paid applications. I paid them some money and they installed whatever applications I wanted with their email account. Now whenever I try to update those paid applications, I am asked the password of the email they used to install all those apps, which obviously I dont have.

I thought to upgrading, but I can't as all these apps installed would go off. Hope you understand

Yes, gurnani, we understand. When you purchased those apps from a third party, you were actually aiding that third party - and you - to commit piracy! That businessman was making money by re-selling apps he bought from the App Store. Who knows how many times he's re-sold those apps (that he only bought once ... if at all). All those resells represent money that does not go to the developer/owner of the app.

To give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know this was illegal behavior, and to help others who may be faced with the same situation:

Applications for an iDevice can only be legally purchased at the App Store. If you buy from a 3d party, whether in a physical store or online somewhere on the web, you are participating in theft and piracy.

The best thing you can do is to forget whatever money and time you've got invested in those apps and go ahead and upgrade your iPad. Then, should you want those apps back, go to the App Store (either via iTunes or on your iPad) and buy them - legally this time. Then, you will have legal purchases that you can always update (and you won't have to worry about firmware upgrades, either.

I'm sorry that you got caught up in this. Please, take it as a lesson learned and delete those apps so you won't be a part of any piracy schemes. And, tell your friends and acquaintances to avoid that "business." Because, now that you know - you sure don't want to be a pirate, right!?

Marilyn

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Yes, gurnani, we understand. When you purchased those apps from a third party, you were actually aiding that third party - and you - to commit piracy! That businessman was making money by re-selling apps he bought from the App Store. Who knows how many times he's re-sold those apps (that he only bought once ... if at all). All those resells represent money that does not go to the developer/owner of the app.

To give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know this was illegal behavior, and to help others who may be faced with the same situation:

Applications for an iDevice can only be legally purchased at the App Store. If you buy from a 3d party, whether in a physical store or online somewhere on the web, you are participating in theft and piracy.

The best thing you can do is to forget whatever money and time you've got invested in those apps and go ahead and upgrade your iPad. Then, should you want those apps back, go to the App Store (either via iTunes or on your iPad) and buy them - legally this time. Then, you will have legal purchases that you can always update (and you won't have to worry about firmware upgrades, either.

I'm sorry that you got caught up in this. Please, take it as a lesson learned and delete those apps so you won't be a part of any piracy schemes. And, tell your friends and acquaintances to avoid that "business." Because, now that you know - you sure don't want to be a pirate, right!?

Marilyn

The above is true plus the applications in the Ap Store are not expensive at all .

Last edited:

gurnani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Mickey, I understand and was not aware of this thing. Got this thing put in from Bangkok, where theres a floor in a Shopping mall reserved only for IPAD apps 3rd party selling.
Being Illegal, how commonly is this practice used in THailand, makes me smile.

Thanks for the inputs :)

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
Gabriel1 said:

The Archangel

Wow! Thanks, I just accidentally got the split keyboard. This fixed it. Just learned a new trick.

Most reactions