What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop worth the money? YES!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have other viewers for seeing my PC from other locations so I wasn't sure about paying again....BUT! This app is awesome!! You get sound,a display that looks great on your iPad and it's fast...like as fast as your PC. No more getting out of bed to view this one file you just can't seem to open on your iPad! Give it a go you won't regret it!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, it works perfectly over a LAN and if you have a fast upload connection it blazes remotely! I use it every day on the job!

OP
Dannyboy85

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to their site they are working on a remote method that doesn't use port forwarding. I'm just going to stick with iTeleport until that update is out. Its just to much trouble unless you have a static ip.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to their site they are working on a remote method that doesn't use port forwarding. I'm just going to stick with iTeleport until that update is out. Its just to much trouble unless you have a static ip.

I have several things that require port forwarding, so it doesn't intimidate me in the least.

OP
Dannyboy85

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have several things that require port forwarding, so it doesn't intimidate me in the least.

Went ahead and setup my port forwarding... Works well even over my iPhone4 hotspot!

OP
Dannyboy85

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using miwi on my iPhone4. MiWi fools the network into coughing up better speeds that what you would normally see on a 3G device. But as you say it isn't as good as over wifi.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A quick question on Splashtop, will it work over your home network without going over the net like TeamViewer and LogMeIn Pro do?
I'm looking for a solution for home that has a good auto refresh and doesn't engage your internet connection. VNC isn't up to the job as you need to manually refresh the screen - server side updates do not refresh automatically.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have it running on both osx and win7 boxes, but find it easier just to use zumocast on them to find docs, pics and stream videos. Lazy I guess :) but it's still great value for money.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A quick question on Splashtop, will it work over your home network without going over the net like TeamViewer and LogMeIn Pro do?
I'm looking for a solution for home that has a good auto refresh and doesn't engage your internet connection. VNC isn't up to the job as you need to manually refresh the screen - server side updates do not refresh automatically.

It works at home and remote. It auto discovers local servers too.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have it running on both osx and win7 boxes, but find it easier just to use zumocast on them to find docs, pics and stream videos. Lazy I guess :) but it's still great value for money.

How do you have it on osx, it's windows only.

Edit...

There is a beta ver for mac! Awesome!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so happy they release splashtop for mac!!! It is so much better!! Much more responsive when you 2 finger scroll!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah the beta works fine with the latest snow leopard. Just remember to reboot after you have installed the server :)

Most reactions

Latest posts