What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop worth the money? YES!

dbbd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question

When you connect via splashtop, does the main windows display lock up (like it does
when you connect using remote connection?)

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you connect via splashtop, does the main windows display lock up (like it does
when you connect using remote connection?)

No, it functions as normal so you are effectively 'sharing' the desktop with any user present.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I exit the application on my iPad instead before the 5 mins is up, it leaves the desktop as it is i.e. reduced to 1024x768 resolution.
Does the full version have a disconnect option?

There is no "Disconnect" I have found, but I have logged quite a few hours of use and I have not seen the desktop get left at 1025x768, it reverts back to the native resolution.

I have found that it does not work with Windows Medicenter. However, I am not surprised, as I have yet to find any RDP that will work with MediaCenter.

Huh? What media center? I have Windows Media Center 2005 on my media PC and splashtop works, as well as every single RDP app I have tried.

If you have RDP server running the client should not matter. There is nothing unique about media center's implementation of RDP.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I exit the application on my iPad instead before the 5 mins is up, it leaves the desktop as it is i.e. reduced to 1024x768 resolution.
Does the full version have a disconnect option?

There is no "Disconnect" I have found, but I have logged quite a few hours of use and I have not seen the desktop get left at 1025x768, it reverts back to the native resolution.

I have found that it does not work with Windows Medicenter. However, I am not surprised, as I have yet to find any RDP that will work with MediaCenter.

Huh? What media center? I have Windows Media Center 2005 on my media PC and splashtop works, as well as every single RDP app I have tried.

If you have RDP server running the client should not matter. There is nothing unique about media center's implementation of RDP.

It won't work on any app that goes full screen. I don't just mean fills the screen, I mean sidesteps the os, takes over the resolution and runs with additional resources fullscreen. You have to set it to windowed to get it to work.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It won't work on any app that goes full screen. I don't just mean fills the screen, I mean sidesteps the os, takes over the resolution and runs with additional resources fullscreen. You have to set it to windowed to get it to work.
Yes that the case... but as far as RDP or splashtop is concerned.... you can connect to windows media center just fine.

Now you can't run the windows media center "app" because that does write to the screen... but that is the same for any other app that does that.

I have not actually used the media center interface in ages... and soon my media center pc is going to be phased out. It started out as my secondary DVR... when I still could use regular cable without a converter box for TV.

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts