What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spam filter

markdevoll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a spam filter for the iPad? I want to be able to filter my email and mark email as spam....

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good question. I hate getting mail and not being able to filter it. Manual delete is a pain!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Subscribing as also interested....
In the meantime I trust in my Gmail-settings... and go from time to time into the web-version in order to add keywords/addresses to the spam-list.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you don't have a spam filter on the iPad. All the filtering needs to be done with the e-mail account on the server side.

The iPad's Mail account is just a "window" for what's on the server (or, in that case of POP mail - it's a bowl to catch what is sent). You can't change anything with the iPad.

So, my recommendation is to take a look at your account online via the server (e.g. if you use Gmail, go to the Gmail account settings page). You can make modifications from there.

Sorry to not be a bearer of better news.

Marilyn

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Because of a spam problem, i elected to have my gmail account grab my email from my internet providers account. That way I keep my same address but gmail filters out the spam for me and delivers it to my ipad.

Gmail will also allow you to use your internet providers email address for sending email as well.

Last edited:

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but how can you flag it if you use cloud mail? There is a lot of super powered brain matter on here (even an intergalactic traveller - AA you know who you are ;) ) surely someone has a workaround by now.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As mentioned above, emails are just mirrored from the mail server, so any spam solution must be applied at the server level. If your email provider does not give you sufficient tools for dealing with spam, take your email account elsewhere. Forwarding to a gmail account works well, I never see spam in my inbox at all.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
As mentioned above, emails are just mirrored from the mail server, so any spam solution must be applied at the server level. If your email provider does not give you sufficient tools for dealing with spam, take your email account elsewhere. Forwarding to a gmail account works well, I never see spam in my inbox at all.

Thanks! I'll do some experimenting

Matie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am receiving some junk mail on my iPad from my Apple mail account, even though it is marked as junk on my mail account using my Mac Book. How can that be? It's really annoying.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am receiving some junk mail on my iPad from my Apple mail account, even though it is marked as junk on my mail account using my Mac Book. How can that be? It's really annoying.

Again, your spam filter on your Mac Book only works if your mail is downloaded there. Any mail opening on the iPad has not gone through your Mac Book's mail app to be filtered.

As mentioned above, you have to apply spam filtering at the mail server itself. Check what options your mail server provider has in regards to spam filtering.

Most reactions

Latest posts