How to get rid of spam

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by brucewilsonpa, Jul 22, 2010.

1. tozol

tozol
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Guys sorry to hikack the thread, but I too have a problem thats is very very annoying and need to try and stop, and hope you guys can at least point me in the right direction.

What it is I have 2 email accounts, one private that is and has run fine for years, but I also have an email address for my gaming website, that is a gmail email, but now gets picked up both on my mac, and ipad, however I have had a dam spam send an email to about 5 or 6 of my contacts, and I have no clue, how.

I do think it is happening through my ipad, given that it only picks up a few contacts, as I dont have many in there.

So guys any idea at all how to stop this happening.

2. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I cancelled my hot mail address 2 years ago due to spam I have clients that are transferring hot mail to gmail due to spam problems

3. Richard Brown

Richard Brown
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    I transferred to Gmail after my Yahoo account was hacked and a stream of am sent to my contacts.

I printed off my contact emails and mailing bro us. I then got gmail to automatically import contacts and emails from Yahoo. It was a pretty painless process.

I then deleted my contacts from Yahoo,, but kept the account to check periodically for emails. Once I had deleted the Yahoo contact lists the spam stopped.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

4. KittyKA

KittyKA
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    How did you get gmail to import?

5. RimfonesIpad

RimfonesIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I too am suffering from too much spam on my Ipad. I do have both a gmail account and an yahoo account. How do you setup a process where they are all directed to or through gmail for the spam feature, but I dont have to change my yahoo, (att.net) email address. Thanks for your help..

6. dhewson777

dhewson777
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Log into your yahoo account online and go into the settings to have your yahoo email forwarded to your gmail account. All your emails will end up coming through gmail at that point, and it is up to you if you want your iPad to continue to sync to your yahoo account.