What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spam filter on ipad

OP
M

markdevoll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How come there is no spam filter built into Apple email used n the ipad or iphone? And why isn't there isn't a way to control when your email is checked so I don't get worked up in the middle of the might for a spam email.....

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spam filters work a whole lot better on the server side, particularly how we retrieve or read emails these days. It is more to do with your mail account rather than your email client.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In regards to not getting alerts in the night, either use the mute button on your iPad, or set up Do Not Disturb settings on your iPad so you do not get alerts during the hours you are asleep. I personally have DND set for 11.30pm to 7am every night. not one alert goes off.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do Not Disturb is good for people who need the notifications, at least some of the time; but my emails are not important enough to interrupt me at any time; so I just changed the the New Mail sound to None under the Sounds settings.

You can go to the Notification Center settings, select Mail, and add a custom Alert Sound for individual accounts. This overrides the default Sound setting, making it possible to only receive alerts for only the accounts you care about.

I had one account like this. Past tense, I'm happy to point out.

OP
M

markdevoll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dnd also affects if you get calls.... On android you can set when it checks email and block email address's or domains easily.....seams to me that Apple is falling behind in the email program department....

Most reactions

Latest posts