What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sony Cyber-Shot & Camera Adapter

JakubT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the Picasa app from Google...it has the import function which shows you all pictures in the iPad when connected to the PC...you can just simply import them to folders you choose....no obscurity from Apple there....

Cheers

J.

Gazelle2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, the iPad only recognizes the photos on a card, not the card or card reader itself.
When you plug the adapter with the card, photo starts and shows the pictures. That's all. Just make sure you have a DICM folder on the card.

Some multiple format reader adapters don't work because they require power from the USB port. The iPad is not giving power, it needs it. The card reader I have came in the package with a memory stick pro card. It looks like a typical flash key.

Thanks again, iVan. I just ordered stand-alone memory card adapters for my CF, xD and MS cards. Since the Apple Camera Adapter includes the reader for SD cards I should have all of mine covered.

Lionroar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess?! I don't think this make sense lol someone has to come in here and clear this out.

But you are carrying them in your iPad photo's you just can't transfer it to pc directly. It happened to me already. A folder of pics in the iPad got lost upon syncing. Good thing I have it burned to a CD .

Actually, getting them onto the PC or mac from the iPad is easy. Once you connect the iPad to the PC, the PC thinks it is a camera, and allows you to import from the iPad. The only pics that can be transferred are those that you loaded from a camera of an SD card

Eileen DW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eileen DW

Ihave recently purchased a sony cybershot DSC TX7 camera, the sony memory card is smaller than an SD card and does not work in the ipad camera connector, we have tried it!! also I have not as yet been able to download videos from the normal SD card from my panasonic camera, It is easy to download photo's though. but I have been told by a computer expert that the videos from the cameras need to have the format changed to play them on the ipad, i am still searching for a suitable programme to convert the videos. hope this helps.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ihave recently purchased a sony cybershot DSC TX7 camera, the sony memory card is smaller than an SD card and does not work in the ipad camera connector, we have tried it!! also I have not as yet been able to download videos from the normal SD card from my panasonic camera, It is easy to download photo's though. but I have been told by a computer expert that the videos from the cameras need to have the format changed to play them on the ipad, i am still searching for a suitable programme to convert the videos. hope this helps.
The Sony format is called Memory Stick Pro. It is smaller than an SD.
What works is a Sony MS card reader that you plug into the Apple camera kit USB connector. Sony often sells an MS card with a reader as a combo pack.

Most reactions

Latest posts