1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Sometimes video gets out of sync with audio\video

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by acdcking12345, Dec 28, 2012.

1. acdcking12345

acdcking12345 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I convert all of my videos to an MP4 format.I use DVD Catalyst for the conversion. I use AVplayerHD to watch them. Lets say I play one of the converted videos. Then I close minimize and go to something else.

When I come back and start a new one, it is sometimes out of sync.

If I close the app, and then go back in, most of the time it is ok. But there have been a few times where I need to do a hard reset before the video is correct again.

Anyone else having this issue? Could it be the way that I am converting it?
  2. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When you try and play the videos with the build-in Videos app on your iPad, are you experiencing the same complication?

The files created by DVD Catalyst are optimized for hardware-decoding (higher quality, and lower battery demands), which is what the build-in video player does. AVplayer HD offers support for additional video formats by using a software decoding engine, which can cause complications such as the one you are experiencing.