What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sometimes video gets out of sync with audio\video

acdcking12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I convert all of my videos to an MP4 format.I use DVD Catalyst for the conversion. I use AVplayerHD to watch them. Lets say I play one of the converted videos. Then I close minimize and go to something else.

When I come back and start a new one, it is sometimes out of sync.

If I close the app, and then go back in, most of the time it is ok. But there have been a few times where I need to do a hard reset before the video is correct again.

Anyone else having this issue? Could it be the way that I am converting it?

D

dvdcatalyst

I convert all of my videos to an MP4 format.I use DVD Catalyst for the conversion. I use AVplayerHD to watch them. Lets say I play one of the converted videos. Then I close minimize and go to something else.

When I come back and start a new one, it is sometimes out of sync.

If I close the app, and then go back in, most of the time it is ok. But there have been a few times where I need to do a hard reset before the video is correct again.

Anyone else having this issue? Could it be the way that I am converting it?

When you try and play the videos with the build-in Videos app on your iPad, are you experiencing the same complication?

The files created by DVD Catalyst are optimized for hardware-decoding (higher quality, and lower battery demands), which is what the build-in video player does. AVplayer HD offers support for additional video formats by using a software decoding engine, which can cause complications such as the one you are experiencing.

Most reactions

Latest posts