What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Apps and most links fail to respond following update to iPadOS ver. 17.3.1

Irish_Rover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm very new to the forum and very much an Apple innocent . Most of my computer skills and knowledge are Windows based.

iPad (6th generation) Software iPadOS version17.3.1
iPad was working properly responding to all links and apps before software update on Saturday Feb 24th. Following update most apps and all links refuse to respond. When I click a link I wait for a period of time and screen either remains blank or iPad reverts to home screen. This makes navigation and searching practically impossible. Anyone got the same result or know what has changed?
For some reason I haven't got a backup because iCloud backup was turned off (it was on the last time I looked!) so I cannot simply cannot revert to a pre Feb 24th backup because there are none there. If I back up the present system then I'll be backing up one which has errors.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it has a Home button, the procedure is different: Press & hold Home button and the button at the top at the same time until you see the Apple logo. As soon as the logo appears, let go of both buttons.

OP
I

Irish_Rover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had to set this aside for a few days to cope with other things but it turns out that, following the update, the maximum number of apps were open with no room for anymore and once they were closed and some of the settings adjusted everything returned to normal. I had already tried the hard reset a number of times without success but now all is well. Thanks to those who suggested remedies. Your input was much appreciated.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Had to set this aside for a few days to cope with other things but it turns out that, following the update, the maximum number of apps were open with no room for anymore and once they were closed and some of the settings adjusted everything returned to normal. I had already tried the hard reset a number of times without success but now all is well. Thanks to those who suggested remedies. Your input was much appreciated.
Glad it is fixed.

Most reactions

Latest posts