What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

maually deleted app on ipad through iTunes can't get recognized need help please

Yorkie7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,
First post and I hope I am in the correct forum.
I have an iPad2 and do backups regularly using iTunes on my Mac computer.

I had an old version of the Google+ app on my ipad. Recently Google updated this app for the iPad (it originally was an iPhone app) and the IM chat feature I used daily was taken away. I had DL the newer version and didn't like it. I successfully (through a prior post found on here) put back the old app to my iPad. Things were great till it the App crashed one day and wouldn't open past the logo. I again did a reinstall no problem.
Since then I did a backup of my iPhone and it replaced the iPhone app over the old Google+ App in the iTunes library. I must have overlooked the sync both devices box! :-(

The App once more tonight crashed again and I deleted it from the iPad. I went to iTunes and didn't plug in and saw that in the update to my iPhone it had placed the newer version of Google+ in the library folder of iTunes.
I manually deleted the newer Google+app and had saved the old Google+ app to my desktop. I inserted the old app into the iTunes library folder after I manually deleted the new Google+ app. It's still in my trash.

I then did a backup and reverted to the Apps but noticed that the Google+ app was not showing on my iTunes library though I could see it if I right clicked another App and the old Google+ ipa file was showing on the library list.

I tried again to revert but iTunes now won't recognize my App in the iTunes library list?!

I need this App for the IM chat. I have family that I use this for when we can't communicate through video chat. Can someone please help me as I am very upset I did something wrong and now can not get the App back into my iPad.
I have copied the App to my desktop but like I said, I can't go back to a restore because the new backup wrote over it tonight and the old Google+ app is gone from that backup.

How can I have iTunes recognize my old Google+ App? Is there a way to get this App back on my iPad2?

Thank you to all who answer. Much appreicated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yorkie7 said:
Greetings,
First post and I hope I am in the correct forum.
I have an iPad2 and do backups regularly using iTunes on my Mac computer.

I had an old version of the Google+ app on my ipad. Recently Google updated this app for the iPad (it originally was an iPhone app) and the IM chat feature I used daily was taken away. I had DL the newer version and didn't like it. I successfully (through a prior post found on here) put back the old app to my iPad. Things were great till it the App crashed one day and wouldn't open past the logo. I again did a reinstall no problem.
Since then I did a backup of my iPhone and it replaced the iPhone app over the old Google+ App in the iTunes library. I must have overlooked the sync both devices box! :-(

The App once more tonight crashed again and I deleted it from the iPad. I went to iTunes and didn't plug in and saw that in the update to my iPhone it had placed the newer version of Google+ in the library folder of iTunes.
I manually deleted the newer Google+app and had saved the old Google+ app to my desktop. I inserted the old app into the iTunes library folder after I manually deleted the new Google+ app. It's still in my trash.

I then did a backup and reverted to the Apps but noticed that the Google+ app was not showing on my iTunes library though I could see it if I right clicked another App and the old Google+ ipa file was showing on the library list.

I tried again to revert but iTunes now won't recognize my App in the iTunes library list?!

I need this App for the IM chat. I have family that I use this for when we can't communicate through video chat. Can someone please help me as I am very upset I did something wrong and now can not get the App back into my iPad.
I have copied the App to my desktop but like I said, I can't go back to a restore because the new backup wrote over it tonight and the old Google+ app is gone from that backup.

How can I have iTunes recognize my old Google+ App? Is there a way to get this App back on my iPad2?

Thank you to all who answer. Much appreicated.

Maybe Google has stopped supporting the old version of the app. If that's the case,there's no way for you to get it back.
If your family owns some iDevices such as iPads and iPhones you could have video calls with them through FaceTime. If not,have you considered Skype?

OP
Y

Yorkie7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe Google has stopped supporting the old version of the app. If that's the case,there's no way for you to get it back.
If your family owns some iDevices such as iPads and iPhones you could have video calls with them through FaceTime. If not,have you considered Skype?

Thanks but it's not the video feature I want. I do use FaceTime and Skype but wanted old version of Google+ (which was an iphone app) to have the IM messenger feature on the new Ipad version. It does not. I couldn't manually put the old App into the iTunes library because the program wouldn't recognize the App even though I manually put it there. There was no way to put the old app back onto the Ipad.

Thank you for replying

Most reactions