What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Slide to unlock" response lag when first turned on?

timothyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whenever I turn on my ipad 4 it takes a couple seconds before the slide to unlock will respond to my finger... Do any of you guys have this issue? It doesn't happen when I wake it from sleep mode but I'm a little concerned. Thanks!

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whenever I turn on my ipad 4 it takes a couple seconds before the slide to unlock will respond to my finger... Do any of you guys have this issue? It doesn't happen when I wake it from sleep mode but I'm a little concerned. Thanks!

It's normal operation...
I believe the unit isn't fully booted up when the slide to unlock appears on the display.
I have a password on mine and when the keypad comes up to enter my code I have to wait about 2 seconds before it wil accept any input.

We need to be a bit more patient. :eek:

OP
timothyj

timothyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one! Seems like it's nothing to worry about. =)

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your talking about waking it up..............try it from an off state (i.e. full boot).

You fully shut down your iPad every time you stop using your iPad? Then restart with a full boot again when you wish to again use it?
But I now understand what this delay a is about.

Last edited:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You fully shut down your iPad every time you stop using your iPad? Then restart with a full boot again when you wish to again use it?

Where did I say that?

But, If I don't plan on using my iPad for more than a few hours I do shut it down.
Takes a whole 25 seconds to boot. :eek:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts