What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad keeps turning on and off by itself?

ajia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this problem started a couple days ago. Whenever i use my ipad 4, about 10 seconds later it completely turns off and screen goes black and then the apple logo shows up and it turns back on again and then i start using it again and then it turns back off again and then on again and so on... At first it happened every now and then and then it started to get more and more frequent and now happens every 5 seconds. I have no idea what to do or why its happening or how to fix it? someone said its to do with overheating... can someone plz help me fix this?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ajia and welcome to the forum! :)

First, I doubt that this is an issue w/ overheating, so not a concern. Second for starters, please 'Reset' the iPad, i.e. hold the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release both and wait for the device to reboot - see if that helps. Please post back your results - Dave

OP
A

ajia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi :)
i did try that. I also waited for the battery to die completely and let it rest for like a day but it didnt really make any difference :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you did actually have an overheating iPad, you would see this warning.
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi :)
i did try that. I also waited for the battery to die completely and let it rest for like a day but it didnt really make any difference :(
It's not a good idea to use the iPad until it turns off because the battery is low, and then leaving it that way for some time.

I suppose it's possible to charge the device, or else you wouldn't experience the same afterwards.

Use recovery mode to restore your device:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201263

Reset your iPad, using the method giradman described, after restoring.

Hope that helps.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And if all the above doesn't help then it would be best to take it to your nearest Apple Store and they can run a diagnostic on it. They can find out what the problem is and if it's hardware related give an estimate on repair costs if your device is out of warranty. It would be advisable to make a complete backup before going in to the Apple Store.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts