1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Skype crashing - is there a log of the cause?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Bingoldsby, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Since the upgrade to 5.0.1 and jailbreak on both the iPad and iPhone, my Skype won't work on either. A call to the echo test server gets hung up on immediately after the ringing begins, and often before I even hear a ring. It just says, "Call Ended."

Is there a means of determining what happened? ... even if I have to send or post a log or section of it for evaluation by someone. I do have iFile installed.

I have only tested and used Skype (On the previous JB versions on the pad and phone) very little. The app loads and stays displayed, it just won't make a call.

It's not a JB deal-breaker for me, as I have no use for it just now, but it is possible that I might want it sometime in the future.

Thanks.
  2. willerz2

willerz2 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +226 / 0
    It's a problem when your device is jailbroken with Absinthe. There's no problem with Skype on RedSn0w jailbroken devices. We'll probably have to wait for a fix
  3. Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Unfortunately, I have to disagree (for my particular case). My iPhone4 is not JB with Absinthe, but rather RedsnOw, and exibits the exact same behavior as the iPad. My Laptop's Skype is fine.

Now, back to the log question...
  4. TC93

TC93 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm getting lots of crashes on different apps since installing the jailbreak. It's starting to anger me. Nothing like typing a long post in a forum only for the app to crash and you lose everything you typed.
  5. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    Can you list out what you have installed from Cydia and which device you have and well see if we can help.