What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sim error PLEASE HELP !!

KSDLFC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please just bought a iPAD AIR CELLULAR (on 3). When its is switched on I get the error No Sim card installed. Also the MOBILE DATA setting is greyed out for some reason. Can anyone please help to sort these issues out please. Cheers

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums!

Here are a few things you could try:

Take the SIM card out of it's slot, and put it in again. Maybe that will help with your error.

If possible, try it on another device. If it doesn't work on a different device, the SIM card is faulty, and you need a new one.

Use a different SIM card on your iPad. If the other SIM doesn't work on your iPad, a hardware issue is causing this problem.

Turn on Airplane Mode in Settings - Airplane Mode, then wait for a few minutes and turn it off again.

Go to Settings - General - Reset, and reset network settings. You'll have to set up Wi-Fi and cellular data afterwards.

Also make sure your iPad is up to date. The latest software for the iPad Air is iOS 10.2.

Solving the problem with your SIM card will also be the solution for the greyed out setting.

nanee920

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please just bought a iPAD AIR CELLULAR (on 3). When its is switched on I get the error No Sim card installed. Also the MOBILE DATA setting is greyed out for some reason. Can anyone please help to sort these issues out please. Cheers
How do you start a new thread on this board. I just joined and cant find where to post a question

Most reactions