What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sid Meier's Pirates! Disappointed

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK - this sucks - after reading comments about Sid Meier's Pirates, and given I'm traveling next week and wanted something to do on the plane, I logged onto iTunes to get Pirates... I'm based in the Middle East and upon my first search Pirates was not coming up. I then found the game on iTunes using my browser, and when you open it it in iTunes, it tells me it's not available.

The long and short of it, the developers, 2K Games, are, for some strange reason selling their game in select markets only (I'm guessing the UK and US, maybe a few others) - I really don't get the thought process behind this - this is a game with universal appeal, and they would generate more sales going global - from experience, being iPad developers, there are no additional cost to have the game being sold in all markets...

Really disappointed at 2K Games at what is a very stupid move to not generate more sales.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This unfortunately happens with games all the time. Licensing issues of some sort. It is disappointing and I'm sure bums out the game developers too.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - it's usually licensing, copyright, royalty or local or national regulations. There's no reason why an app developer would want to restrict distribution of their app.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts