My colleague Maura was telling back in January that 2K was working to bring Sid Meier’s Starships to iPad gamers. That moment has now come and the game is available for download now from the iTunes store. You will need to pay for it a nice $14.99.
Let's have a look at the description and the main features of the game:
And here's a video with the game in action:
- Tactical Space Combat - encounter unique tactical challenges in every mission, with dynamically generated maps, victory conditions, and foes.
- Fully Customizable Starships - create an armada that fits your tactical plan with modular spaceship design.
- Diplomacy, Strategy, and Exploration - expand the influence of your Federation and gain the trust of the citizens of new planets. Use the unique abilities of the each planet to enhance your fleet and Federation, and keep your opponents in check. Build improvements on worlds to increase the capabilities and resources of your Federation.
- A Galaxy Of Adventure - explore the galaxy as you lead your fleet to distant worlds and complete missions to help the citizens of these planets. Fight pirates, protect colony ships, destroy rogue AI, and more.
- Multiple Paths To Victory - will you win by conquering the greatest threat to the galaxy? Or will you unite a plurality of worlds in your Federation? Perhaps you will lead your people to push the frontiers of science. Each choice you make carries consequences on your path to victory.