What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

should i sell my macbook and use my ipad 2 as my only computer?

BranFlizGames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my macbook for music, web use, writing papers, making slideshows, and on occasion games (minecraft, voxatron..nothing major)..but I don't know if my ipad can do all that right now. I also am getting a subwoofer connected to my speakers...if I sold my mac and plugged my ipad in..would that still work?

Last edited:

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought to do the same but keep my iPad 2 as my media player , video editing, surfing, paper wring device. Just add a bluetooth apple keyboard.Then buying a 4g of ram , 500 gb hd G5 as my server. They got for like $300 now.

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 can do many things now but in my opinion, it still can't be a laptop replacement. iWork on the iPad is great but still lacks some of the best features found on the full version. If you are gonna be writing papers, a full version of Pages or MS Word will be more beneficial to you. I use my iPad 2 as a compliment to my MacBook Air for my work. For on the fly editing and quick web searches, I use the iPad 2. For more complicated stuff, the MacBook Air is great.

SC25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I think you may keep the two devices. The iPad2 is great for media and games. But if you work with Excel files the computer is better and faster than the iPad.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are times that my iPad just isn't up to the task at hand. I've just been on a trip overseas, I found it very restrictive trying to do a lot of research on the iPad. That's when my MacBook made it so much easier. I actually used both at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an old Toshiba laptop and my iPad. I use my iPad the majority of the time, but I have an external hard drive I store my media on. I need my laptop as the mediator in backing up things. My iPad isnt nearly big enough to hold my music or anything. I also don't have the budget to buy a lot of those really useful productivity apps (every app I have is free). So it wouldn't work for me, but everyone's needs are different.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts