What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freaking Love My Ipad !! :D

cyberchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never got the first genereation ipad so was eager to get my hands on the ipad2, I have a macbook and iphone 4 and wanted the ipad for travel, watching films, gaming and surfing the web. I have to admit when i brought it home on release day was rather overwhelmed and didnt know what to use it for first but now i seem to be using it more than my iphone and macbook lol. Im loving it :)

Hows everyone else likeing theres?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

OP
C

cyberchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe u can help me, how on earth do i change my profile pic ? :-/

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem. It can only be done via the website - i.e. not from the iPad app.

So use your iPad, PC or Mac and go to iPad Forum and click on the 'User CP' (User Control Panel). A side bar will open up on the left hand side of the screen and, from there, you can edit all your personal details - as well as choosing from a pre-set selection of avatars, or uploading your own (though I'm not sure you could do this upload from the iPad - you'd have to use a PC or Mac).

If you have any problems, just let me know. We have three moderators spread around the world - keeping an eye on things - so there's usually one of us present 24/7

Tim
Scotland

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question. I signed up for the trial for MobileMe but am not really impressed. If I cancel it, will my e-mails still show up on my IPad as they are received or will they only pop up when I hook up to my Mac? I signed up for the MobileMe the day after I got my IPad2 so I don't really have any idea how it worked before.

Thanks for all of your help!

jjhone076

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No offense, Honey, but your mother doesn't actually sound a whole lot better or worse than most.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question. I signed up for the trial for MobileMe but am not really impressed. If I cancel it, will my e-mails still show up on my IPad as they are received or will they only pop up when I hook up to my Mac? I signed up for the MobileMe the day after I got my IPad2 so I don't really have any idea how it worked before.

Thanks for all of your help!

OK - a couple of questions. Are you using a MobileMe email account - i.e. does anyone send you emails at [email protected] - the MobileMe email server - or are you using another email account - say, gmail or hotmail.

If you're not actually using the MobileMe email service - i.e. no one ever emails you at [email protected] - then it won't make any difference if you cancel your MobileMe account, your emails will still arrive on your iPad exactly as before.

If people were emailing you at a MobileMe email address then you'll not get those at all - either on your iPad or PC.

Reading between the lines of your post, I suspect you have MobileMe - perhaps for FindMyPad or the iDisk cloud server, but don't use their email service. If that's the case, cancelling will not affect the receipt of your emails at all.

There's one slight proviso here...if you have the MobileMe email account set up on your iPad - but never use it - you might want to delete the account in the iPad's 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar' and then select the MobileMe account and choose delete account.

The reason is that, if the account is set up (but even though it's never used) your iPad is checking the account. When you cancel your MobileMe subscription (even though it was free) the iPad will still try to check for MobileMe email and you'll get spurious errors generated when the account is de-activated.

Hope this helps - sorry the post is so long - please get back if anything's not clear (I couldn't have made it *less* clear!!) or doesn't make sense.

Hope it all goes well.

Tim
Scotland

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Tim. I have received some e-mails at my .me account because (as I realized after getting them) when I sent e-mails directly from my contacts, they were sent through the .me account. I typically use my Verizon.net account, though. I can look in my .me mailbox and just let anyone who has used that address know not to use it anymore. So once I cancel mobile me, if I send e-mails from my contacts or forward photos from IPhoto, my Verizon.net account will be used?

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my new iPad 2! I'm still waiting for a case so since Friday, my new baby is still in plastic. LOL

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Tim. I have received some e-mails at my .me account because (as I realized after getting them) when I sent e-mails directly from my contacts, they were sent through the .me account. I typically use my Verizon.net account, though. I can look in my .me mailbox and just let anyone who has used that address know not to use it anymore. So once I cancel mobile me, if I send e-mails from my contacts or forward photos from IPhoto, my Verizon.net account will be used?

That should work just fine. Plus, anyone emailing you at the me.com address will get their email returned hopefully prompting them to look for an alternate email address.

Tim
Scotland

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my new iPad 2! I'm still waiting for a case so since Friday, my new baby is still in plastic. LOL

Funny, got mine Friday(bless my wife) and my plastic is still on as well. Can't wait for my shield to get here

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Trade you yvrgal! I have my case, but no iPad2 yet!!! Not till April 22nd! :(

Blackraid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cyberchick said:
Never got the first genereation ipad so was eager to get my hands on the ipad2, I have a macbook and iphone 4 and wanted the ipad for travel, watching films, gaming and surfing the web. I have to admit when i brought it home on release day was rather overwhelmed and didnt know what to use it for first but now i seem to be using it more than my iphone and macbook lol. Im loving it :)

Hows everyone else likeing theres?

I just got my IPad 2 s a gift for my birthday! I love it!!! Still learning how to use it though.......I have the 64GB version, black. I feel so special for having this lil gadget! Lol

OP
C

cyberchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackraid said:
I just got my IPad 2 s a gift for my birthday! I love it!!! Still learning how to use it though.......I have the 64GB version, black. I feel so special for having this lil gadget! Lol

cool, top arnt they! thats one hell of a decent birthday prezzy u got ! :D

Most reactions