What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i...............or NO

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, my I have a question, and let me know if its worth it or not. I have a 4.2.1 jailbroken Ipad via greenposi0n/redsn0w. I never really plug my ipad into my MAC, just use wall charger when I need to. Everything is downloaded via cydia/app store.

I have SHSH blobs saved 4.2.1 (via) cydia---> "make my life easier".(tab)

Is it worth upgrading to 4.3.1 and then rejailbreaking untethered 4.3.1 or just leave my ipad at 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak?

Thanks,

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
there are really no added benefits in 4.3.1 that aren't already available through jb on 4.2.1
4.3 came with:
nitro java infused safari + security issue ~ big deal...I personally don't use safari.
airvideo ~ already have that with displayOut & tvOut2.
security updates...

4.3.1 ~ only patched the security hole in safari from 4.3

so no real reason to update....imho

btw ~ just because the cydia developers update their software to be compatible with 4.3.1 doesn't mean you also have to update.

more than likely i wont update till 5.0 comes out unless there is some major feature added that can't be found in cydia.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
it's an rc9. Release Candidate. Perhaps wait for RTM? If this means anything.

LOL. I wouldn't read too much into that gray_mouse! Us devs like to go a bit mental with version numbering. I don't think we'll ever see a "release to manufacturing" version of redsn0w unless the guys do it as a joke.

The version numbers might tell those in the know a little about the previous history of a release, but they tell you very little about what is coming next or when it is coming. It's best just to take a decision about whether you want to use a tool or not based on feedback on how well it works. Not what version it is at!

Hope that helps... :D

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
there are really no added benefits in 4.3.1 that aren't already available through jb on 4.2.1
4.3 came with:
nitro java infused safari + security issue ~ big deal...I personally don't use safari.
airvideo ~ already have that with displayOut & tvOut2.
security updates...

4.3.1 ~ only patched the security hole in safari from 4.3

so no real reason to update....imho

btw ~ just because the cydia developers update their software to be compatible with 4.3.1 doesn't mean you also have to update.

more than likely i wont update till 5.0 comes out unless there is some major feature added that can't be found in cydia.

I wouldn't put it like that .
4.3.1 has the multi touch gestures which are awsome by the way...

Sent from my Blackberry...nah...just kidding

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GhostWalker said:
while, u are forgetting that feature isnt avai. off tops. u had to do some extra work to get that up there. not everyone is pressed about that multitouch feature...lol u need more thn that to make me use my time to upgrade. 4.2.1 still rocks..lmfao

I don't know why but you really enjoy contradicting me... :)))

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GhostWalker said:
while, u are forgetting that feature isnt avai. off tops. u had to do some extra work to get that up there. not everyone is pressed about that multitouch feature...lol u need more thn that to make me use my time to upgrade. 4.2.1 still rocks..lmfao

I don't know why but you really enjoy contradicting me... :)))

No worries anymore.:D

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah I did forget about the multi-gesture...but still ain't quite enough to push me over the edge.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, with Activator, a Cydia app, you don't need Multigestures on a JB iPad.

With the exception of waking the iPad from sleep (or turning it on), i use gestures for everything: close apps and switch between apps. There's a lot you can do with gestures...

Yet another reason why I am pretty sure I'm skipping iOS 4.3.1.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts