What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to upgrade curret 4.2.1 jailbreak to 4.3.1 and save apps

shane01101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my 16GB ipad wifi from its current 4.2.1 jailbreak to the new 4.3.1 jaibreak.

I bought the ipad jailbroken but read about using redsnow and it seems very simple to do. The question I have is what is the best way to upgrade to the 4.3.1 jailbreak from 4.2.1 and also save apps?

Should I do a complete restore and upgrade to 4.3.1 software and then jailbreak using redsnow

Or....

Is there a way to upgrade to 4.3.1 without loosing all of my apps and tweaks?

I have a couple apps from appstore I want to save cydia apps/tweaks. I dont want to pay any money to download software to save a list of my apps so is the best way to get back all of the software is to just make a list a redownload the long way?

Also I saved my SSH on my computer incase I need to restore to 4.2.1 but I dont know if that is very relavent to this.

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
warning......you may want to edit your post ooooor it will be edited or deleted for you for mentioning a certain app for piracy reasons.....

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
not sure if pkgbackup was updated for 4.3.1 yet....once it does....which shouldn't be too long.....you'll be able to save your backup to drop box, update firmware, then JB. re-download pkgbackup and then restore packages from there.

also cydia keeps track of the package's you bought for re-download.

Most reactions