What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I keep my smart cover?

Hotbod13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I bought a blue smart cover, and am debating whether or not to keep it. I got the entire thing ghost armored, so it may not be so bad. However, I also like the Magazine Jacket by Incase for the iPad 2. Which would you prefer? Thanks!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The whole decision depends on the amount of protection you think it will need. Don't think there will be many lighter than the smart cover.

I just like the instant on/off the magnets give you.
If you can find a suitable replacement go for it.

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could see putting some clear plastic on the points where the cover contacts the ipad to resolve potential rub marks. I like the cover but really want something to protect the back and corners.

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that the Marware and Pixelskin HD both look like great options and reasonably priced. It will add to the cost of the smart cover to protect the back, but it seems like it might be nice to be able to remove just the cover and not the back protection when I feel like it.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you should keep it! It's more of a wow factor than anything! Since you have the skin on it I could see if conflicting with that new case, so don't return until your sure! keep the magnetic cover for when your home and the other For when you go out but if you think that is to much work then return smart cover and go with incase!

concu88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could see putting some clear plastic on the points where the cover contacts the ipad to resolve potential rub marks. I like the cover but really want something to protect the back and corners.

Why not then get some Ipad sleeves to protect it from scratches, bumps, dents etc.

clyde2801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waiting on my smart cover compatible chinese knock off to get here off of flea-bay. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a joy factory smart fit case to cover the back. Supposedly they are compatible with the smart cover. Pretty excited for this thing to ship out.

Last edited:

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I returned mine. It didn't really protect the ipad from potential accidents, then again, it wasn't designed to. So I guess it just wasn't what I was looking for.

majura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be overkill but I'm getting the following:

Smart cover

Cool Bananas SmartShell Case which will protect the back, sides & corners. They have colours to match the PU SmartCovers but I'm opting for transparent because I have a...

Gelaskin with custom graphic for the back. Have no idea it'll fit, but I'm hoping:) also I want it to cover the exposed area where the SmartCover attaches.

Finally I have a netbook bag to put the entire thing in when travelling.

It might be all a bit overkill, but this way I get protection and a little customisation.

OP
H

Hotbod13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who replied. The speck hd pixel wrap for the iPad is coming out next saturday, so I plan to return my smart cover and get the case. What are your thoughts?

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who replied. The speck hd pixel wrap for the iPad is coming out next saturday, so I plan to return my smart cover and get the case. What are your thoughts?

It's a very personal decision. I love the Smart Case so I'm buying a separate thin back cover. When away from home or the office I carry the iPad in my man bag so I'm not worried about that kind of protection.

I'm an early adapter and I love the attention the Smart Case is drawing at the office and I love keeping the iPad as naked looking as possible. It's gorgeous!

Nesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep your smart cover

Xgearlive -smart enhancer - black or clear- $34.99
Aviiq - smart case - colors to match all smart covers - $44.95
These are two companies coming or came out with back covers that looks like would work well with your smart cover to protect and remain sleek .

Nesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes my red leather smart cover with my soon to purchase black back cover from xgearlive (most likely) or aviiq is a definite attention getter - colleagues are ordering their iPad 2s as I write this. It's a cool sleek fasionable computer in my handbag.

Most reactions

Latest posts