Should I keep my smart cover?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Hotbod13, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Hotbod13

Hotbod13
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I bought a blue smart cover, and am debating whether or not to keep it. I got the entire thing ghost armored, so it may not be so bad. However, I also like the Magazine Jacket by Incase for the iPad 2. Which would you prefer? Thanks!

2. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    The whole decision depends on the amount of protection you think it will need. Don't think there will be many lighter than the smart cover.

I just like the instant on/off the magnets give you.
    If you can find a suitable replacement go for it.

3. Spongebob

Spongebob
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I could see putting some clear plastic on the points where the cover contacts the ipad to resolve potential rub marks. I like the cover but really want something to protect the back and corners.

4. Swingman

Swingman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm waiting for the marware microshell folio ipad 2 case. It's only $34.99 at adorama. It protects the back and still has the smart cover feature that auto-sleeps and auto-wakes the ipad. Supposedly it will start shipping Apr 15th....hopefully I'm not too far down the wait list.

602956008569 Marware MicroShell Folio Slim Case for iPad 2, Black

5. Spongebob

Spongebob
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I agree that the Marware and Pixelskin HD both look like great options and reasonably priced. It will add to the cost of the smart cover to protect the back, but it seems like it might be nice to be able to remove just the cover and not the back protection when I feel like it.

6. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I think you should keep it! It's more of a wow factor than anything! Since you have the skin on it I could see if conflicting with that new case, so don't return until your sure! keep the magnetic cover for when your home and the other For when you go out but if you think that is to much work then return smart cover and go with incase!

7. concu88

concu88
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Why not then get some Ipad sleeves to protect it from scratches, bumps, dents etc.

8. clyde2801

clyde2801
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Waiting on my smart cover compatible chinese knock off to get here off of flea-bay. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

9. Petersenjp

Petersenjp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I ordered a joy factory smart fit case to cover the back. Supposedly they are compatible with the smart cover. Pretty excited for this thing to ship out.

#9 Petersenjp, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  10. jasmynsway

jasmynsway
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I returned mine. It didn't really protect the ipad from potential accidents, then again, it wasn't designed to. So I guess it just wasn't what I was looking for.