Pixel HD Wrap by Speck or a Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Splashy, May 5, 2012.

1. Splashy

Splashy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got my new iPad, replacing my iPad 2.
    I have accessories left from my iPad 2, including a Pixel HD Wrap case by Speck and a Smart Cover + compatible back cover.
    I'm trying to decide which one to use with the new iPad.
    I think that the Speck case provides better protection but I like that the smart cover turns the iPad on and off, which the Speck case doesn't.
    What would you prefer? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Update: I've decided to sell the Speck case and get another case with the smart cover features as well as a better screen protector
    (I tried Speck's matte screen protector - same as I used for my iPad 2 - and it made the new iPad's display look so bad that I just removed it).

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  2. janglo

janglo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, don't use matte on the new iPad. it kills the retina display.

3. Splashy

Splashy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice.
    I just got a Wrapsol screen protector and I totally messed up applying it, it has a really noticeable scratch.
    I don't think the warranty will cover this. I'm just not good at applying screen protectors on devices... don't know how to do it properly.

4. dustrho

dustrho iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have the newest Pixel HD case from Speck on my new IPad 3, and the smart cover (lock/unlock) feature works remarkably well on it. I'm not sure I understand why you say it's not working on your new iPad. ???

I've tried many other cases after buying this one, and I keep returning those same cases to stick with the Pixel HD. It has gotten bad reviews on Amazon and YouTube, but I really like my case. I'm probably going to do a review of it soon to show why I like it so much,

Sent from my iPad using iPF

5. Splashy

Splashy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was talking about the older version of the Speck Pixel HD case, which doesn't have the lock/unlock feature. This is the case that I had.
    Anyway, I already sold it and got the new version of the case. I really like it except for one thing, it lifts the Wrapsol screen protector and creates bubbles.
    I don't want to give up the screen protector and I like the case so I guess I'll just have to get used to it. At least the bubbles are not on the actual screen area.

6. dustrho

dustrho iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I ended up returning it and went with the Yoobao executive leather case, and I love the new one. It looks so much better than the pixel case, and I love the real leather. But, the pixel case was still a pretty good case.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

7. applechick

applechick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I have a few of these cases and I love them!!