What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I Get My iPad Serviced?

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I have three issues with my iPad and I loathe to think that any or all of them are a result of it being dropped. :eek: I'm just hoping they can be fixed.

1. There have been occasions (most recently with a game I just downloaded) where the on-screen keyboard fails to pop up whenever I need to type something. I wanted to create an account with the game I downloaded, but the keyboard won't show for me to type anything. Is there a way to force it? I mean I know there's a button on the bottom left to force it to disappear, but I don't know of anything that will force it to appear.

2. Last night I was looking at Amazon's website and the browser just blinked off 3-4 times. I'm not using Safari. I chose to download Atomic Web instead. Any ideas why it would do that?

3. Sometimes I have to press the button on the bottom (to close an app) several times before an app will close. I'm afraid this is the one most affected when I dropped my iPad.

I hope any of these or all of these can be repaired.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take It Back

Okay I have three issues with my iPad and I loathe to think that any or all of them are a result of it being dropped. :eek: I'm just hoping they can be fixed.

1. There have been occasions (most recently with a game I just downloaded) where the on-screen keyboard fails to pop up whenever I need to type something. I wanted to create an account with the game I downloaded, but the keyboard won't show for me to type anything. Is there a way to force it? I mean I know there's a button on the bottom left to force it to disappear, but I don't know of anything that will force it to appear.

2. Last night I was looking at Amazon's website and the browser just blinked off 3-4 times. I'm not using Safari. I chose to download Atomic Web instead. Any ideas why it would do that?

3. Sometimes I have to press the button on the bottom (to close an app) several times before an app will close. I'm afraid this is the one most affected when I dropped my iPad.

I hope any of these or all of these can be repaired.

Take it back to Apple, they will replace it, I think dropping it has caused your problems, but you could try returning to Safari, although I can't see why that would cause all the issues you have. :(

OP
WannaBeMac

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They will replace it even if the problems are because of something I did????

OP
WannaBeMac

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only visible damage to it is scratching in the lower left corner on the casing itself. It was in the case I have and that part slid over the cement.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should Be Okay

The only visible damage to it is scratching in the lower left corner on the casing itself. It was in the case I have and that part slid over the cement.

I think they will Apple are great, say you scraped it :)

Most reactions

Latest posts