What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sent email

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If restarting/resetting your iPad doesn't fix it, you'll need to furnish more detail. POP or IMAP? What email provider? What iPad and OS?

John903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this problem many times and I am not certain what causes it,but I do know how to fix it. From mail, click on the mail account that has the phantom unread e-mails. Go to the mailbox tab across the top menu, then select rebuild. This rebuilds the mailbox from your IMAP account and has fixed the problem for me every time.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have had this problem many times and I am not certain what causes it,but I do know how to fix it. From mail, click on the mail account that has the phantom unread e-mails. Go to the mailbox tab across the top menu, then select rebuild. This rebuilds the mailbox from your IMAP account and has fixed the problem for me every time.

Sounds like you are talking about the Mail app on OS X, which the OP may or may not have, and may or may not fix mail problems on the iPad.

The easier route, as long as it's an IMAP or Exchange account, is to delete the account and re-add it. This will force a rebuilding of all the mail folders. If it is a POP3 account things might get messy with a lot of old emails turning up as unread (depending on several factors).

OP
M

Middlesisdeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. The iPad doean't have rebuild as an option. I guess I will just delete and start again.

Most reactions

Latest posts