What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incorrect Number of Unread Texts

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try tapping on Unknown Senders to see if you have a message from someone not in your contacts list.

Last edited:
OP
A

abredt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try tapping on Unknown Senders to see if you have a message from someone not in your contacts list.

I went to settings, turned ON Filter Unknown Senders, went to Messages App and clicked Unknown Senders, but none were listed.

Also, if I receive 3 text messages, the icon still shows only 1 unread message so it is not updating the count.

OP
A

abredt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did that and did both resets above.

Turned OFF Badge App icon and did both resets and turned it back ON. Still shows 1 unread message.

Looked at all messages to make sure some were not still loading an emoji.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have almost run out of ideas, but you could (bit sledgehammer to crack a nut though) connect the iPad to iTunes and restore it to factory settings and then reinstall your data from an iCloud/iTunes backup. No guarantee, even then.

OP
A

abredt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I want to do that.
I do get the banner and sound notifications, only the count of unread messages always is 1.
Thanks for trying to help.
cb

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That’s okay. Am sorry we didn’t succeed but, you never know, it might suddenly start working properly. These things do happen! [emoji846]

Most reactions

Latest posts