What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS7 email issue

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since downloading this terrible thing I've had a number of issues. This latest one is the email icon shows 125 unread emails. There are no unread emails. How do I get rid of the 125 on the icon?

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try doing a hard re-set. This very often sorts out oddities like this one. I had the same on app updates and it cleared it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Since downloading this terrible thing I've had a number of issues. This latest one is the email icon shows 125 unread emails. There are no unread emails. How do I get rid of the 125 on the icon?
De- and re-activate your email in the settings (you even do not have to delete the account).
Worked fine on my devices.

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did this and a reset and it cleared it up. Thanks to you both for your helo.

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disregard my previous response. For absolutely no apparent reason it shows 124 unread emails. I am ready to trash this ipad.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Disregard my previous response. For absolutely no apparent reason it shows 124 unread emails. I am ready to trash this ipad.
I found this on a Google search.

Bug: Loads of unread emails
Some people found that they had hundreds or even thousands of unread emails after updating to iOS 7. This problem seems to be particularly common for Gmail users, but it can occur with other email accounts.
Potential solutions:
Go into your email account on your computer and select all your emails then choose Mark as Read. Now go back to your iPhone and the count should be drastically reduced. It may be quicker to select all, choose Mark as Unread and then choose select all again and click Mark as Read.
You can also select Edit > Mark All > Mark as Read on your iPhone, but for it to work, you’ll need to download all your emails to the iPhone first, which can take a long time.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/ios-7-problems/#ixzz2fytZCN1l

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

Spanny janny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I share an ipad 2 with my husband and since upgrading to IOS7 he has not received any of his emails. When I checked in settings it tells me the email address in saved. Any ideas please? My emails arrived without problem.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

This could help, in case you haven't already done it:
Restart your iPad: turn it off, wait for a few minutes, turn it on again.
Reset it: press and hold Home and power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

Delete the account in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars and reinstall it.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The native mail app showing unread mails when there are none is nit a new issue as I have been experiencing this issue for some time in IOS6. While the problem mostly showed up in my exchange mail box, my webmail also experienced this problem from time to time. I have not found a reliable way to fix this other than deleting the account, although it would clear itself after a week or so.

Sent from my iPad using IPF

Most reactions

Latest posts