What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending Windows Excel files to an iPad

janebotten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sister works with Excel files on a windows computer. She would like to be able to send these files to her iPad at home, so she can work on them from there. Is there any way she can do this please?

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tell her to get Office2 HD (a good and cheaper alternative to Quickoffice HD) or Numbers ( if she only wants to do excel) and just email or dropbox the files to the iPad. Simple! :)

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
janebotten said:
I will pass that on! Thank you very much!

Your welcome. I forgot to say, you can also access your document via a web browser if both are on the same WiFi. I use this to work on document in my iPad on a laptop or in my iPhone, on my iPad! It's very simple to do. :)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had Office 2HD almost since I got my Ipad 1 two years ago. I've found the developer to be very responsive and they have done quite a number of upgrades. One thing though that I've asked about twice--automatic syncing to Dropbox--has yet to come to pass. That drove me to Quickoffice (Docs to go purports to do this but their method is tedious at best) which does this very well. If this is important check out both first. Office HD is still about 25% of the cost of Quickoffice I believe so its a great value. I don't use Pages, etc. because they don't have Dropbox integrated.

Diane

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I'm a staunt Office2HD user too, and can highly vouch for it. I use it for my business daily too.

But, and as with all the office apps, seamless integration back and forth between ms excel and app isn't fool proof, especially the more complicated the excel file. Each app decifers and interprets excel cells and layouts very subtly or slightly different on times. This is a quite often even too.

Take a look at CloudOn.

Most reactions

Latest posts