Second-Gen iPad Coming Early 2011?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Sep 17, 2010.

1. DM51

DM51
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Camera??? Are they serious? Who needs a camera in an iPad? Apart from the fact you'd have to take it out of it's case to use it (or cut a hole in the case, lol) it would be about the clumsiest clunker of a camera on the market. And show me one iPad owner who doesn't also carry a cell-phone that has a... yes, a camera in it.

Camera? Meh.

2. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Think the camera was omitted because face time wasn't ready for release back at the start of the year. A camera on the back of the iPad makes little sense.

Often thought a detachable webcam that used the sync socket would make a neat scanner for Evernote though.

3. ludicous

ludicous
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    This is how it works

Guys, this isn't a big shocker. Apple, along with most technology companies, updates its product lines. With Apple, its about once a year (though varies based on which product). The first generation came out last Feb. so it makes sense that the 2nd gen will come out in feb of 2011.

This is how buying technology works. Its not nickle and diming, its not evil, you just have to accept that at some point your electronics will become out of date. Otherwise, iPods would still have black and white screens.
    :ipad-peacock:

If you want to know when the next version of an apple product will come out, go to macrumors.com and click on the buyers guide tab at the top.

4. Gunny008

Gunny008
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The 1st gn came ou in April...

Expect the iPad to come out at the end of Q1

5. EKhatch

EKhatch
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You are joking right? You seriously think that the next gen iPad isn't going to have a whole list of next gen cases (i.e. if it has a camera the new case will have a hole in it). That's like saying, oh who wants a smaller iPad, the case is going to be too big.

6. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    A camera is a 'have to have'- Apple is making up for the fact that they left a camera off the first iPad launch. Other than that - it's not a game changer one way or another.

7. computerbear

computerbear
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My views are technology is always changing, faster exponentially. Anyone who doesn't understand this has their head in the sand. When I buy something, I go into to it knowing that SOON there will be something better!! I personally do hope they get the new one out sooner, because mine was stolen. If I don't get real indication that it is coming out in March at the latest, I will buy the first gen. I LOVED my Ipad. The stuff on the new one will not be a real deal breaker for me.

And IF they do put out the 2nd gen in a couple months, I know if they reduce the price, even marginally, on the 1st gen, they will still sell. I was the first one in my area to get one. Folks are just now starting to look at getting one. I can't read a book in mine because people love to ask me about it. LOTS of people. These are not tech people. Even with these current choices, these people are saying they do not think they need 3G, (which I personally would not go without). These folks are not 'techies', they do not care about the biggest, baddest Ipad in town. I think they would be delighted if the price was reduced some on the 1st gens so they would go get one and introduce themselves to the Ipad.

Just my observations.

8. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Someone who bought a Mac in 1984 saying:"This is the best thing I'll ever need and will never buy any other computer!" would be stuck in a rut today or a spacial/temporal displacement.

Changing computers or entertainment devices is an entertainment in itself...

9. thesoundsmith

thesoundsmith
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Stevie has a LONG history of pissing off his existing user base, starting with the Apple III. He regularly eliminates hardware components from new designs with no real purpose other than, apparently, to force us to buy more hardware to replace the peripherals we already own. I have spend many thousands of dollars over the years on updating perfectly good gear - mice, graphics tablets, printers, etc. and don't see it stopping any time soon.

10. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    So you guys are really wanting them to hold back on upgrading simply because some people will get butthurt about not having the best product on the market anymore?

LOL