1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Screen protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Fudnock, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Fudnock

Fudnock iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What screen protector does everyone have? What is easiest to install? I know I had to drink a bottle of crown to calm down after trying to get a protector on my cell phone.......and this has the real-estate of 50 cell phones!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. Swede1

Swede1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SGP sells Steinhell screen protectors, of all the screen protectors I have tried this is by far the best, crystal clear, can't even tell it's on and easy to install, no need for any fluids.

http://www.sgpstore.com/
  3. toasty_hoodie

toasty_hoodie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Moshi iVisor, nothing better
  4. iMadHatter

iMadHatter iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    do you know if the one for the ipad 2 version is smart cover compatible?
  5. pderr676

pderr676 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Media Devil

I just installed the MediaDevil Magic Screen Protector ($20) and I love it. My finger glides across the screen better. It has significantly reduced the glare, primary reason for purchase. Colors still look great. Install was super easy. I watched their video and followed enclosed instructions lined up perfect first time!! I will buy again.
  6. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Ah, such memories. Went through the delights of many screen protectors on PDA's and smartphones for years. Learned to buy them in quantity so I could throw a tantrum trying to install several before getting one on successfully.

Then I bought a Motorola Droid with "Gorilla Glass" (same as the iPad 2.) Decided to take a chance and skip the screen protector. Two years later and the screen is virtually perfect. Same with the iPad after about six months of heavy use.

Not to say that the screen is indestructible but under normal use and abuse, imo, there is no need for a screen protector.

http://gizmodo.com/5726124/what-is-gorilla-glass
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  7. Elliern

Elliern iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have the Moshi iVisor AG screen protector, and I love it! Got it from Amazon. It actually does not touch the screen, so installing is a breeze. No bubbles, no dust, takes seconds to apply. You cn remove it and reapply at anytime. Just wipe it off to clean. There is a video on Amazon (or you can google it) that shows how to apply it. The anti glare works great. I can't say enough good things about it. Check it out for yourself.
  8. vinho1976

vinho1976 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking for a magnet style smartcover that works well and is affordable.
    Any suggestions?
  9. Elliern

Elliern iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I love this case. It is actually a leather Yoobao case that is sold by Ayl specifically designed for the iPad 2. The Yoobao 3 in 1 is $39 at Amazon. It has a cover on front and back and turns the iPad 2 on when opened and off when closed. It also acts as a stand, with 2 landscape views and can be stood up in portrait view. I have the red one and it is good quality leather. It is 5 star rated with 481 customer reviews. I think that speaks for itself. Check it out for yourself.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WHI9L4/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004TJC4PW&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KWXC89D58SXKH2AZ8C6"]Amazon.com: AYL® 100% Premium Genuine Slim Leather Case Folio with Magnetic Closure and 3-in-1 built-in Stand for Apple Ipad .[/ame]
  10. jduncan

jduncan iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    So the ipad2 has gorilla glass? I've never heard that mentioned before about this device.
  11. info

info iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I also, after much experience on previous devices with screen protectors, passed up using one on the iPad without hesitation.
  12. GoPackGo

GoPackGo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    I'm not going to buy a screen protector on mine either. I'm just going to buy a good microfiber cloth that I'll wipe it down with after each use. I had a screen protector on my phone but I think unless done perfectly, they usually look terrible and dilute the colors/screen quality. Just personal preference. I'm only going to be buying a Smart Cover for my iPad when I get it this week.
  13. pderr676

pderr676 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the glare reduction properties of the screen protector. Overhead flourescent lights at work and in the classroom are a real drag!
  14. Paken001

Paken001 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perhaps I am a little bias but ours will install easily without liquids and without bubbles. We actually just shot an install video on Friday showing how simple it is to install on the iPad. Would anyone like to try it?
  15. Sruments

Sruments iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @slick wraps...do you have a link to the video ? I am looking for something to protect my iPad.
  16. Lenc

Lenc iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Like my Ghost armor
  17. Heaviside

Heaviside iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Can I apply the Moshi iVisor and still use my leather case?

P.S. I saw a review which says there is a small air gap between protector and screen which causes a couple of problems: prismatic effect and finger drag resistance. The latter could cause real problems for a stylus, I think. Any reactions?
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  18. Wifi64ipad2

Wifi64ipad2 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't Buy It. Waste of money.

I had protector by zagg(?) and when I sticked it, the first thing I thought was removing it.

It's so bad. It's says that it prevents fingerprint remaining, yes it's correct. Your screen gets dirty and it doesn't cleaned and it feels horrible when touch it.

If you want to enjoy iPad, then screen protector is the worst choice.

+ it's good when you don't use in care..
  19. Elliern

Elliern iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have my Yaoboo leather case with the Moshi ag screen protector. They work fine together. I read where some say they see a "screen" effect, but I have not experienced that. I also have had no problem with finger drag.
    I especially like the anti glare feature, plus no more fingerprints when trying to read or view photos.

You can read the reviews and comments on Amazon.com and perhaps that would help.
  20. nicled

nicled iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is inquiry is a bit irregular but i'd like to ask it.

Will 2 screen protectors on the Ipad2 lcd screen affect the ipads touch sensitivity?

When i purchased my ipad last month, i had a glossy screen protector installed. The glossy screen i found out later is an attractant to dust, smudges, etc. I should have installed the matte type.

Installing the matte type after removing the glossy one is the option, but since it is new plus the money spent for it makes me wonder if i can clean it for smudges & install the matte one. There'd be 2 screens in effect.

Is this possible without affecting touch sensitivity and affect lcd images?

Thanks!