What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector

Fudnock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What screen protector does everyone have? What is easiest to install? I know I had to drink a bottle of crown to calm down after trying to get a protector on my cell phone.......and this has the real-estate of 50 cell phones!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Swede1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fudnock said:
What screen protector does everyone have? What is easiest to install? I know I had to drink a bottle of crown to calm down after trying to get a protector on my cell phone.......and this has the real-estate of 50 cell phones!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SGP sells Steinhell screen protectors, of all the screen protectors I have tried this is by far the best, crystal clear, can't even tell it's on and easy to install, no need for any fluids.

http://www.sgpstore.com/

pderr676

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Media Devil

I just installed the MediaDevil Magic Screen Protector ($20) and I love it. My finger glides across the screen better. It has significantly reduced the glare, primary reason for purchase. Colors still look great. Install was super easy. I watched their video and followed enclosed instructions lined up perfect first time!! I will buy again.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, such memories. Went through the delights of many screen protectors on PDA's and smartphones for years. Learned to buy them in quantity so I could throw a tantrum trying to install several before getting one on successfully.

Then I bought a Motorola Droid with "Gorilla Glass" (same as the iPad 2.) Decided to take a chance and skip the screen protector. Two years later and the screen is virtually perfect. Same with the iPad after about six months of heavy use.

Not to say that the screen is indestructible but under normal use and abuse, imo, there is no need for a screen protector.

http://gizmodo.com/5726124/what-is-gorilla-glass

Last edited:

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Moshi iVisor AG screen protector, and I love it! Got it from Amazon. It actually does not touch the screen, so installing is a breeze. No bubbles, no dust, takes seconds to apply. You cn remove it and reapply at anytime. Just wipe it off to clean. There is a video on Amazon (or you can google it) that shows how to apply it. The anti glare works great. I can't say enough good things about it. Check it out for yourself.

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for a magnet style smartcover that works well and is affordable.
Any suggestions?

I love this case. It is actually a leather Yoobao case that is sold by Ayl specifically designed for the iPad 2. The Yoobao 3 in 1 is $39 at Amazon. It has a cover on front and back and turns the iPad 2 on when opened and off when closed. It also acts as a stand, with 2 landscape views and can be stood up in portrait view. I have the red one and it is good quality leather. It is 5 star rated with 481 customer reviews. I think that speaks for itself. Check it out for yourself.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WHI9L4/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004TJC4PW&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KWXC89D58SXKH2AZ8C6"]Amazon.com: AYL® 100% Premium Genuine Slim Leather Case Folio with Magnetic Closure and 3-in-1 built-in Stand for Apple Ipad .[/ame]

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Ah, such memories. Went through the delights of many screen protectors on PDA's and smartphones for years. Learned to buy them in quantity so I could throw a tantrum trying to install several before getting one on successfully.

Then I bought a Motorola Droid with "Gorilla Glass" (same as the iPad 2.) Decided to take a chance and skip the screen protector. Two years later and the screen is virtually perfect. Same with the iPad after about six months of heavy use.

Not to say that the screen is indestructible but under normal use and abuse, imo, there is no need for a screen protector.

http://gizmodo.com/5726124/what-is-gorilla-glass

So the ipad2 has gorilla glass? I've never heard that mentioned before about this device.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also, after much experience on previous devices with screen protectors, passed up using one on the iPad without hesitation.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also, after much experience on previous devices with screen protectors, passed up using one on the iPad without hesitation.
I'm not going to buy a screen protector on mine either. I'm just going to buy a good microfiber cloth that I'll wipe it down with after each use. I had a screen protector on my phone but I think unless done perfectly, they usually look terrible and dilute the colors/screen quality. Just personal preference. I'm only going to be buying a Smart Cover for my iPad when I get it this week.

pderr676

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the glare reduction properties of the screen protector. Overhead flourescent lights at work and in the classroom are a real drag!

Paken001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps I am a little bias but ours will install easily without liquids and without bubbles. We actually just shot an install video on Friday showing how simple it is to install on the iPad. Would anyone like to try it?

Sruments

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@slick wraps...do you have a link to the video ? I am looking for something to protect my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts